Vendors Shipping Fedex: Please Forego the Signature

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Warning: This this rant

Today's the third time in a row where Fedex has failed to even attempt delivery for an overnight shipment. I've been home waiting the package all three times, and no knock or even a door tag. I'm convinced that anytime I have a Fedex package that requires signature upon delivery, the driver automatically passes my address up because it's too inconvenient for them to try to contact me to receive.

Vendors, I know that Fedex overnight is generally cheaper to ship than UPS these days, and, probably significantly more reliable than USPS (especially in NYC). But, please please PLEASE forego the signature requirement on livestock deliveries. It's caused me to lose livestock, expensive and important livestock, because of the extra time trying to reroute and pick up later in the day.

Most of us who choose to order livestock online and actively select our delivery dates are waiting at home to receive the package. Most tracking systems are up-to-the-minute (even second) on package delivery, so we're very aware of when it's dropped off.

/rant

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically have it held at FedEx or UPS so I can pick it up personally. I think it cuts down on the time in the truck. When I've had to have a signature they knock once and get back in their truck if I don't answer in 10 seconds.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back