Venustus Angelfish (Paracentropyge venusta)| Fish Spotlight

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, that fish looks amazing! How big is this guy? Where did you get this one from?

A little update, my Venutsa Angel Eating flakes

45591448335_74649ce2cf_b.jpg

32631553398_5e262feb8a_b.jpg

45780882884_084ceb4c9d_b.jpg

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, that fish looks amazing! How big is this guy? Where did you get this one from?
Thanks, this fish is just 2 inches. I Imported it myself from RVS Fishworld from the Philippines. I am located at the Arabic region. so I am not filmier with US fish suppliers and importers, but i guess you can pre-order it from well known US suppliers and importers.

stuart Kemshead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190106_094523.jpg
I got mine about 18 months ago. Was very inquisitive from the start which I think allowed him to adapt very well to aquarium life.
Does not hide at all. In fact he spends much of his time hanging out with my purple tang.
Eats everything from from frozen food to Vitalis Algae pellets. But i think his favorite is Ocean Nutrition formula two pellets. Will easily eat 6 or 7 pellets before they reach bottom of tank.
Personally I think I got lucky and just got a good specimen because I have had no issues at all.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I’m looking at adding one of these guys to my collection. Funny they are labeled (venustus) everywhere I see them advertised. Relates back to that Latin and using the vernacular versus the actual species designation.

Last edited:

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Paracentropyge venusta, if you have contemporary evidence to the contrary please cite your sources.

It's generally not a good look to insult someone's grammar when yours is not beyond reproach. @eatbreakfast is not only correct but an upstanding pillar of the community.

Here is some somewhat contemporary research which uses the proper name.

Exemplary is not the goal but it is still funny to see someone try to lambaste someone while making their own mistake. He could have taught rather than attacked or ridiculed. And there was no insult you should read and mind your own business maybe ;)

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exemplary is not the goal but it is still funny to see someone try to lambaste someone while making their own mistake. He could have taught rather than attacked or ridiculed. And there was no insult you should read and mind your own business maybe ;)

You dont seem to be minding your business by bringing up dead and sorted arguments so for the sake of the everyone who's interested in this thread stop creating unnecessary drama please and thank you

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, this fish is just 2 inches. I Imported it myself from RVS Fishworld from the Philippines. I am located at the Arabic region. so I am not filmier with US fish suppliers and importers, but i guess you can pre-order it from well known US suppliers and importers.
How is your purple masked angelfish doing now

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He or she looks stunning, i have a multibar angel and hope to someday have the opportunity to have a paracentropyge venusta or 2 lol

Yes Indeed its an amazing fish, the colors and the personality, very interesting fish!

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

The fish is doing great. still loves to pick on every Acropra Coral I have, but I don't mind few bite marks here and there.
will try to snap few new pictures tonight.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine about a month ago, mine has never been shy, grazes all day and eats anything I put in. :)
Great write up / video Fadi. :)

Great to hear that, I guess you got lucky or it was well conditioned by your LFS.
In my case I imported it myself so I had to do all the hard work.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back