Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9263.JPG

Amberjade53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately mainly wholesalers get these and ship to larger stores. An option is liveaquaria and fishybusiness who gets the rare and odd occasionally
Know this comment is a year old but this is not correct at least now. We have 3 and can usually get them regularly now. Maybe that has changed over a year. I have one in the 310g and he has been great so far. The other 2 are eating great also. We feed a very wide mix of food everyday so sure he finds something in LRS and other additives. We always add Brightwell Angel Additive also.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know this comment is a year old but this is not correct at least now. We have 3 and can usually get them regularly now. Maybe that has changed over a year. I have one in the 310g and he has been great so far. The other 2 are eating great also. We feed a very wide mix of food everyday so sure he finds something in LRS and other additives. We always add Brightwell Angel Additive also.
They are in season right now. Seems like a highly seasonal fish. Late summer fall being the best time to get them.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in season right now. Seems like a highly seasonal fish. Late summer fall being the best time to get them.
Yes true, I got it at the same time last year. also I am seeing them recently in pet stores in Dubai.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons for that relatively deeper water angels tends to be more aviable in fall and winter, that the temperature falls in deep water and they go to shallower areas where fish collectors can catch them.

Also Another interesting thing that the Venusta Angelfish was successfully captive bred by Bali Aquarich.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that many fish or at least in the red sea are all fall spawners , I have seen many baby Angels and Tangs, and even mated pairs of angel regal angelfish last year when I snorkeled in the red sea

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to dredge up an ancient thread. Just very curious if anyone has place this guy in with a flame angel?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dave, how are your Venusta (trio I guess) doing these days? How long have you had them?

Do you think the sparring with the Multibars was mainly due to the fact that they belong to the same genus? Did it get serious? I love both species and love that both are Captive Bred.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Zionas,

They "were" all doing well and I was see regularly spawning behavior from them, but never saw and actual spawn. We had an outbreak of something nasty in Jan/Feb and lost about 80+ fish including the venustus trio and the joculator pair. It's taken months for the system to cleanse itself and just a week ago Monday added 3 small (1") Venusta to the tank. The tank is now a 560g tall tank - a whole different story. So there is less hiding places but more stacks of dense rock. While away last weekend I did manage to spot two of them out and eating on the web cam. I'm in Hawaii this week but will be watching the webcam to hopefully spot all 3 getting more comfortable in the tank.

Dave B

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have kept them in harems with flame angels and no issues - I noticed a occassional sparing when I had Multi-bars in the same tank. But the multibar were removed for picking at too many things.

Dave B
Where did you get the multibar angel?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back