Verifying any recent issues with Orphek Atlantik V4 upgrading with the iCon connect package without the LED board

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

evoIX_njreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed the iCon kit without the LED board. I wanted a better app and easier connection. I had time this passed weekend and found that I now have multiple (2 at the moment) LEDs flickering.

I, unfortunately, do not have any recent videos of the tank to show this wasn't an issue. So trying to find if there is multiple individuals experiencing this issue.

I know the likelihood is small so we'll see how support responds and if any other Orphek user has any other experiences with this.

Thank you,
Mike

OP
OP
E

evoIX_njreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the response:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email.

The iCon pc card works no problem with the v4 led board or we won't offer the upgrade.
Many clients did upgrade and have no problem :)

Please let us know which two leds flicker.
It's better if you can send us video showing the issue.

The two LED lights are now dead and no longer even flickering.

So maybe it was time for them to go just coincidence. Not going to blame them for it or the kit. Shii happens. I just want it down in case this becomes a common issue or others start experiencing the issue, we know of a possible bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

Hopefully only those two will have issues. So far all others are working fine.

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a non-upgraded v4 fuxture and at one time I had a couple LEDs that were flickering. They sent me some new LEDs to replace them, but they stopped flickering when I checked a few days later and never replaced them. It's been a couple years and I hadn't checked them recently. Apart from that, how do you like the upgraded pcb? It would be a nice to have, but not sure if it's worthwhile.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back