Vermatid snails or Tube Worms?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously there’s a lot of these in my tank. I’m doing some rock rearranging today pulling some rock out and going to nuke them to kill these things. But I want to know if they are Vermatid snails or tubeworms. I’ve never seen the snail structure like I’ve seen in pictures on the Internet. So here’s a picture and hopefully someone that knows more about it than me you can let me know. And if there’s a way to kill these dang things I know Vermatids are impossible but are tubeworms also?

431BAEE9-AE0A-4A2A-977E-88A4828D82DB.jpeg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also nuking your rock isn't gonna do you any good unless you are nuking all your rock. That would definitely be an over-reaction to these guys. UNLESS you either figure out a way to starve them, the only way to get free of them is to start over. I have them and decided to just live with them. I plug any big ones that I find and leave the smaller ones alone. I use epoxy to do it.

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap! Yeah.... too many corals to go through replacing all.... I had some clean rocks I was putting in so I figured I would kill what I could before I place them back in my sump... ughhhh I hate them!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back