Vermetid Snails

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have vermetid snails in my tank and I read about using glue and lasers to kill them. Is this the only way. Seemed like no one was having success with BB snails. My euphillyia coral has been retracted for a while now and I think this could be why. I noticed all these long strands of mucus stuff and now I know what it is, vermetid snails... it makes my tank look messy too. Thanks!

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck... that’s all I can say. My tank has lots of them and I gave up. If they irritate a coral I smash the tube with cutters to kill that specific worm other than that I’m just going to hope they slowly die off after time like I have read can happen.

OP
OP
ParkerK

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck... that’s all I can say. My tank has lots of them and I gave up. If they irritate a coral I smash the tube with cutters to kill that specific worm other than that I’m just going to hope they slowly die off after time like I have read can happen.
Yeah I’ve heard with time that it’s possible they die off...

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have vermetid snails in my tank and I read about using glue and lasers to kill them. Is this the only way. Seemed like no one was having success with BB snails. My euphillyia coral has been retracted for a while now and I think this could be why. I noticed all these long strands of mucus stuff and now I know what it is, vermetid snails... it makes my tank look messy too. Thanks!
They’re all over my tank and they don’t bother my corals at all. Bumblebee snails will eat some of them and my scarlet hermit has fun tearing them off rocks for some reason.

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this is typical or not, but my Valentini puffer eats them like popcorn. Doesn’t touch my coral either. Of course, as with all fish, results may vary. I think I lucked out, though

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in another thread on this just a few minutes ago. While I haven’t dealt with them personally at infestation levels, there is a reefer on YouTube that has an awesome SPS tank absolutely infested with vermetids. He basically had learned to live with them by the looks of it.

I feel like I’m spamming his channel now lol, but here is a link, skip to 4:51 for the vermetids:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back