Vermetid Snails???

tanked4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

These little white spot guys have been living in my sump for probably a couple of years. They stayed back there, so I did not think much of them. However, I recently began to feed Reef Roids once a week to my corals. The corals seem to like it, but I have noticed an explosion of these white spots on the back wall of my tank. I did some research, and I think they may be vermetid snails. I've attached a couple of photos, one regular magnification and one zoomed in.

Are these guys something I should be worried about? If yes, what is the recommended course of action?

Thanks!

WhiteSpots.jpg WhiteSpots_Zoom.jpg

Brett Miller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

These little white spot guys have been living in my sump for probably a couple of years. They stayed back there, so I did not think much of them. However, I recently began to feed Reef Roids once a week to my corals. The corals seem to like it, but I have noticed an explosion of these white spots on the back wall of my tank. I did some research, and I think they may be vermetid snails. I've attached a couple of photos, one regular magnification and one zoomed in.

Are these guys something I should be worried about? If yes, what is the recommended course of action?

Thanks!

WhiteSpots.jpg WhiteSpots_Zoom.jpg
Seems like a healthy tank to me. I have vermitids in my tank. Not a issue. They are very hard to keep out of a reef tank.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, if you don't like them use an old credit card to scrape them off. They usually die off when you reduce feeding. Personally I think they add diversity to a tank and are interesting in their own right

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back