Vertex/Somatic Liquidation Sale - 40% Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's with sadness that we learned earlier today that Vertex is no longer in business. We have a few remaining Vertex products in inventory that we've decided to deeply discount. If you're looking for a solid skimmer, sump, or even dosing container, now is a great time to take advantage of our liquidation sale. Click HERE to check out the remaining items.

*BRS will guarantee that your product will arrive in good, working condition. Please note, because Vertex is no longer in business, there is no warranty support and we can not accept returns on these items.

me & my baby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vertex use Royal the get started and once they made a name for themself the stop using them for there skimmers . Then they started making all of there own products . Royal exclusive is still going strong

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The vertex alpha is build in Germany so the material and workmanship is very good. They use either askoll or red dragon pump for their skimmer both are excellent. As far as warranty with skimmer by the time the pump broke the warranty is expired anyway. The body rarely break if u don't drop it. I have a bubble king supermarin 250 for 10 years and I'm buying a vertex alpha 300 to replace it. My system is 600g heavy with Sps.

Krissreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two separate companies. Royal Exclusiv is still in business. We actually just brought on a number of Royal Exclusiv products as you've probably noticed on the website :)

Yea i noticed that but for some reason Ive thought it was the same company. After all they looked the same and mainly the pumps were the only thing differentiating them. Hope one day Royal makes a more affordable line, something similar to the vertex omegas.

Thanks for the the replay

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea i noticed that but for some reason Ive thought it was the same company. After all they looked the same and mainly the pumps were the only thing differentiating them. Hope one day Royal makes a more affordable line, something similar to the vertex omegas.

Thanks for the the replay
Agree they are pricey. I have an alpha ertex skimmer and haven’t had any issues. Red dragon pump is over 7 years old

Krissreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the omega 150 and now i have the 180 and i love them. Ive always wanted a royal exclusive skimmer but Im not sure if i really want to spend that much for a skimmer.

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree they are pricey. I have an alpha ertex skimmer and haven’t had any issues. Red dragon pump is over 7 years old

I have the original, very first Vertex Alpha cone skimmer sold in the US. It's an Alpha 250 and the box has #1 written on it by Jeremy at PA. Unfortunately my pump died a few years back and I have yet to replace it. The lid shows both Royal Exclusiv and Vertex on it... looks like now it'll be a piece of history. Lol

1581030413369.png

I'm running a 180i on my smaller tank, fantastic skimmer! It replaced a BK double cone 150, but the 180i is a little noisier than I'd like it to be. Just ordered a 200i before they were sold out.

D

Last edited:

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang... that sucks. Were you planning on running ozone? If not, I’m sure it could be plugged, but it still sucks!

I picked up another 180i before they sold out, need to make sure I check it when it gets here tomorrow. Need to check the 200i I picked up too, haven’t even opened the box because I don’t have the tank yet that I plan to run it on.

D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Could have been worse.

1582126438020.png

I gotta ask, how was yours packed? I was VERY disappointed to say the least when I got my 180i from BRS. For some reason it wasn't packed in a secondary box, they just removed the plastic wrap from the Vertex box, wrapped a single run of packing tape round it, slapped the shipping labels on and sent it on it's way. Needless to say, it didn't fair too well in shipping. :mad:

Here's what I received...

20200221_021001.jpg

20200221_021051.jpg

20200222_014403.jpg

D

Last edited:

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I received was the body, collection cup and silicone hose. No inlet/Venturi assembly, no silencer assembly. The box was torn over halfway open on one side, and a quarter of the way on the other. Why?.. why in the world would you ship it like this? I guess the real fun begins now... trying to get this resolved. :rolleyes:

D

Back