Very Disappointed In SaltwaterAquarium.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also just realizing - possible the resting/default temp (whatever temperature it thinks your water is at) is too low. That would also cause this problem.

It's weird, nothing seems broken. Tank water temp was 81, and I set the temp to 77 to cool. In a 24 hour period, it did nothing to lower the temp.

I also did try setting the temp down to 60, with a small amount of water, and the same effect. It simply won't chill the water. I think as you and others have said, it's either a temp probe, or no freon.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if the chiller has a pressure switch? Some of the bigger units won't chill unless there is enough flow and pressure in the water line. Kind of a fail safe to prevent a problem with a blocked line.

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if the chiller has a pressure switch? Some of the bigger units won't chill unless there is enough flow and pressure in the water line. Kind of a fail safe to prevent a problem with a blocked line.

Thanks. I'm not certain if it does. The manual makes no reference to this.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disputed the charge with AMEX. So disappointed with SWA. I even have around 15K points with them. Pretty sure I will never buy anything from them again, however.

I added up my purchases- I've spent just over $6,500 with them since October of last year. I'm not sure if that is alot of money to them or not, but it sure is for me.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried calling them? It’s been a while since I tried contacting them, but I was able to reach someone on the phone.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They do ask to have a little patience while they get back to you.

Patience.jpg

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update - I heard from Hope at SWA, and they are giving me the run-around, insisting that I speak with JBJ and the actual manufacturer. I have already done this, and no one seems to want to help resolve this issue. I'm a pretty patient person, and not one to jump to social media to complain, but this is really getting silly now. I have disputed the charge with AMEX, but still shocked that no one from SWA is willing to take ownership of the problem and assist.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update - I heard from Hope at SWA, and they are giving me the run-around, insisting that I speak with JBJ and the actual manufacturer. I have already done this, and no one seems to want to help resolve this issue. I'm a pretty patient person, and not one to jump to social media to complain, but this is really getting silly now. I have disputed the charge with AMEX, but still shocked that no one from SWA is willing to take ownership of the problem and assist.

Seems pretty cut and dry for AMEX, sounds like you've done everything you should to get resolution.

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad you posted this thread OP. I, too, hate when companies give consumers the run around and no one wants to take responsibility or even help get our issues resolved. Currently going through this with UPS. So for that reason, I will also STOP purchasing from SWA. These companies have to realize that there are still a few companies out there (BRS for example) that actually care about the customer.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I am quite careful of spending money right now, due to the "uncertainty " of our economy. That said, I cannot imagine any company not standing by their customer, especially given how much $ OP spent in a year, geez!!! I have to agree that I really appreciate this thread, and will choose wisely on who I spend with. Losing 1 customer over something very solvable, in the day of mass realtime, online communication, can cost a lot more than just that 1.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you posted this thread OP. I, too, hate when companies give consumers the run around and no one wants to take responsibility or even help get our issues resolved. Currently going through this with UPS. So for that reason, I will also STOP purchasing from SWA. These companies have to realize that there are still a few companies out there (BRS for example) that actually care about the customer.
I’m actually going through something very similar to the OP with BRS,...
Had a pentair UV have issues for 6 months now, BRS told me to go to pentair, pentair tried sending me parts, the parts didn’t work, then they ghosted me and BRS refuses to refund since it’s over a month since I bought it even though I’ve been dealing with parts returns the whole time.
So, in reality, all these vendors have this happen sadly

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back