Very Disappointed In SaltwaterAquarium.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't tell me you got the Mini Arctica 1/15 chiller from JBJ,

this model and design are crap!! Years ago I burn thru 3 of those in 6 months and had the same issue not chilling water. Compressor turn on and wont chill, replaced the broad, the probe and it is always end up a bad compressor. stay away from it if you have the Mini Arctica Version. They are junk.

On the good news, spend $80 more and get the Arctica Chiller 1/10 about $80 more and it is completely bullet proof, I have replace with this version and been using that for 8 years and still running strong with low flow. It is on 24/7 in Florida and still cool down my tank quickly. It is the MINI it is 80% giving issues.
ARCTICA CHILLER 1/10 HP

Get this

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m actually going through something very similar to the OP with BRS,...
Had a pentair UV have issues for 6 months now, BRS told me to go to pentair, pentair tried sending me parts, the parts didn’t work, then they ghosted me and BRS refuses to refund since it’s over a month since I bought it even though I’ve been dealing with parts returns the whole time.
So, in reality, all these vendors have this happen sadly

Sorry to hear that. I guess I have been lucky to have dealt with BRS for approximately 10 years and they have never done me wrong (knock on wood)

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for a quick update.... SWA sent me an email asking if I wish to return the item for refund, but offered no apology or any other form of resolution. They even expect me to pay the shipping. When I told them this was not acceptable, they didn't respond again. Further, a post I had about this issue was removed from their Facebook page.

However, I did actually get assistance directly from the manufacturer, who has been VERY helpful. I completed the warranty claim, and hopefully they will be sending a new chiller out to me directly.

Still shocked by Saltwater Aquarium.com's behavior on this. I really thought they would step up, but they have done nothing to resolve this issue. Good news is, there are plenty of other great on-line vendors to shop with, which is exactly what I will be doing. They have permanently lost my business.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which model of the JBJ chiller you are having issue?

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank Your for posting about this. I looked up the communications. We sent a prepaid return label to your email address to return the defective unit. We will send it back to JBJ for credit. I have a new one shipping to you today. If you don't want a new one or need anything else, please reach out to us via phone at 888-700-1012 or email [email protected]

Sorry about the delay in getting this fixed for you. The last 10 days have been crazy with the memorial day sale and all. We are just getting caught up now.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Your for posting about this. I looked up the communications. We sent a prepaid return label to your email address to return the defective unit. We will send it back to JBJ for credit. I have a new one shipping to you today. If you don't want a new one or need anything else, please reach out to us via phone at 888-700-1012 or email [email protected]

Sorry about the delay in getting this fixed for you. The last 10 days have been crazy with the memorial day sale and all. We are just getting caught up now.

Thank you. I just got the email with the label a few minutes ago. I will ship it back to you, once I get the new unit.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to see SWA helping out. I have had nothing but positive experiences shopping with them...

It is, but still wrong that it took this long. All someone had to do is just ask for a few days to resolve the issue. I would have easily understood an been flexible. All it would have taken is a quick email or phone call. Regardless, I am happy they are now addressing it.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. I was the first one to post a reply— about 2 sentences, very generic, sympathizing with the OP. A Moderator deleted it, saying something to the effect that ‘you can’t comment on this type of thread.’ Now there are 20 comments. (?)

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. I was the first one to post a reply— about 2 sentences, very generic, sympathizing with the OP. A Moderator deleted it, saying something to the effect that ‘you can’t comment on this type of thread.’ Now there are 20 comments. (?)

I thought that was only true in the vendor feedback forum? Maybe the mod made a mistake

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the mod took your comment as possibly sarcasm or snark, but not certain.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The topic also exists in Vendor Feedback, not sure why there are duplicates, but that thread has no replies.

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m actually going through something very similar to the OP with BRS,...
Had a pentair UV have issues for 6 months now, BRS told me to go to pentair, pentair tried sending me parts, the parts didn’t work, then they ghosted me and BRS refuses to refund since it’s over a month since I bought it even though I’ve been dealing with parts returns the whole time.
So, in reality, all these vendors have this happen sadly
Looks like not all vendors bro, OP has been sorted.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe due to the apparent ‘double-post’ I was responding in some Vendor Forum (?)

It couldn’t have been the substance of what I said. It was so short, I happen to remember. All I said, after reading what the OP expressed was the problem, was, “You’ve convinced me. Two thumbs down.” (Referring to the seller’s treatment.)

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe due to the apparent ‘double-post’ I was responding in some Vendor Forum (?)

It couldn’t have been the substance of what I said. It was so short, I happen to remember. All I said, after reading what the OP expressed was the problem, was, “You’ve convinced me. Two thumbs down.” (Referring to the seller’s treatment.)
Wow man, am truly sorry your post was deleted, r u ok?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll live— lol. Thanks. My only other post in 1,700+ that got deleted used the word “COVID-19” in a sentence. Live and learn.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back