Very happy with 16 gallon bio cube

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with 16 gallon bio cube, Seems like the corals have a better extension in this tank then the 95 wave, I just have three small domino damsels and the shrimp and the starfish .
I will be moving more of the corals into this tank I just have the tiny skimmer and some phosphate remover, smallest tank I’ve ever owned, I really like the low-tech low maintenance way
E91C9F59-E20A-4BFF-A0C8-24519AFA6F84.jpeg

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an ATO on that? Water changes must be a breeze!
Evaporation rate is very slow, I’ve only done a few small 3 gallon water changes every few weeks. I love the low-tech approach

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank was a JBJ 24g with 50/50 CFLs. By far the cleanest and healthiest tank I ever had. Sizeable water changes were a breeze to keep the water clean, and it was started with live rock not base rock. Top off got to be a PITA though.

Small simple tanks are easier than people seem to think. It's easy to get caught up in the "need" for dosers, high tech lights, reactors, etc etc.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon Biocube in my family room. The top is closed so there is hardly any evaporation. I took out the bulbs and put a small LED light inside the clear acrylic cover. The biggest chore for this tank is feeding the fish. I only have some low light mushrooms in that tank.
I like the look of the cube, but I grow soft corals in my 20 gallon long open top nano. That tank is also very low maintenance.

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the newest one 16 gallons with the updated LEDs, I’ve noticed a lot more growth and polyp extension on all the frags in this tank which are torches and hammer corals , that I basically rubberbanded onto a piece of Elkhorn skeleton.I empty the tiny skimmer cup daily and only use basic phosphate remover and a mechanical pad in the filtration area which is quite large

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen a lot of people build, or buy, a media rack for the center chamber. I made one out of eggcrate. I swapped out the bio balls with pieces rubble in the bottom section, put a bag of carbon on the middle shelf, and cut pieces of a filter pad for the top shelf. I ditched the skimmer and just rely on water changes.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back