Very Happy with my new 29g BioCube - Feeding a Bubble Tip Anemone Video

hackLAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my (bought very used) 29g BioCube set up for 1 month now, bought live sand a a boat load of true live rock. I just uploaded some footage of me feeding a Bubble Tip Anemone. This interesting new specimen is photosynthetic (I think that means gets nutrients from light), but they benefit from regular feedings and are known to host clownfish. I threw in some shrimp.

Also I plan on laser cutting some Filter boxes/dividers for both my 29g, and a used 32g coming soon, if you have any ideas for 3D printed parts or laser cut ones. Let me know. -Ryan
IMG_2415.JPG

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

1tlr1p.gif

If I can ask a question... how long has the tank been running?

What do you have for a light fixture? Is it the stock leds for the Cube?

BTA, and most of the corals we keep, do have zooxanthellae (a kind of algae) that live inside the nem or coral polyp. The algae does photosynthesis and the nem or coral benefits by getting some food from the work the algae does.

But in order for that algae to do photosynthesis it needs the proper amount of light. In a 29g Bio Cube with stock leds, you are probably right on the edge of having enough. Some people with these end up switching to better light fixtures.

#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
hackLAB

hackLAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock BioCube 32g LED lights , I'm doing this hobby on the cheap. Got anything I can have for free,(lol) free tips?, I'm not going in debt wit this hobby. Buying used , total cost in for what you saw. $300. Including 2 rare black and white clowns.

Thanks for your comment Ron.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back