Very small holes pimple like in my tank glass

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all .. i have recently found somebweird very tiny holes look curves in my tank glass eventhough they are not deep or anything and the only way to see it is by strong external light reflection.. the glass is 1.2 mm think and its a heated glass.. inwas wondering if its because of cleaning but i only clean mybtank glass with very soft piece of fabric or the flipper.

Sorry i couldn't take a picture for that its too smallnto take a picture

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that is a possibility .. thank you for your reply .. but its not a scratch its more like hole but super tiny

BestCutter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all .. i have recently found some weird very tiny holes look curves in my tank glass even though they are not deep or anything and the only way to see it is by strong external light reflection.. the glass is 1.2 mm thick and it's a heated glass.. i was wondering if its because of cleaning but i only clean my tank glass with very soft piece of fabric or the flipper.

Sorry i couldn't take a picture for that it's too small to take a picture.
Glass frequently has small bubbles in it. Usually if they are of a certain size they would be rejected at the factory. Yours could also be what are called "seeds". They can be on the top surface, in the body of or on the bottom surface of the glass. If yours are that small I wouldn't worry about them. They would also have been rejected at the factory all depending on the glass quality (customer specs).

Are you really using 1.2 mm glass or is that a typo? Why is it heated, I've never heard of that before?

Dennis

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell
Glass frequently has small bubbles in it. Usually if they are of a certain size they would be rejected at the factory. Yours could also be what are called "seeds". They can be on the top surface, in the body of or on the bottom surface of the glass. If yours are that small I wouldn't worry about them. They would also have been rejected at the factory all depending on the glass quality (customer specs).

Are you really using 1.2 mm glass or is that a typo? Why is it heated, I've never heard of that before?

DennDenis ..

Dennis

Hello Dennis, thank you for the explanation.. yes its 1.2 mm and its heated glass I beleive that it makes it stronger but same first time to hear about it

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell

Hello Dennis, thank you for the explanation.. yes its 1.2 mm and its heated glass I beleive that it makes it stronger but same first time to hear about it
Are you sure about that? For reference, 1.2mm is about as thick as a thin-ish pencil lead, thinner than most of my drinking glasses. I don't think that would be thick enough to hold any serious amount of water

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure about that? For reference, 1.2mm is about as thick as a thin-ish pencil lead, thinner than most of my drinking glasses. I don't think that would be thick enough to hold any serious amount of water
Oh so sorry its 12mm that was a typo

Grallster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, probably a defect or “seed”. Although unsightly, probably not a problem with the integrity. By heated, I think he means it’s tempered glass.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back