Vetteguy’s 660g acrylic Mixed reef

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not until mid summer and Im keeping all fish and inverts and they are being driven non- stop to my home there. In exchange, Im giving the driver all the coral and already gave him Orphek Bars. Im also taking him for a fishing trip on my Boat on the Atlantic for his delivery services
I have a 4 outlet inverter and all livestock will be under air pumps and air conditioning
Is your rock also making the move? (please say "of course it is")

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is your rock also making the move? (please say "of course it is")
Rock is coming also
I think many are hoping for the fish- So am I . . . LOL

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does your driver need an assistant?haha

corey
he and his wife are teaming and then staying in Florida a few days to hit Disney

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ahh, you can take it all down there. Easy to setup travel coolers to keep all alive. Just need a big ole truck or van.
as mentioned previously, making changes. Current rock will look ridiculous in a 1500g tank. He's driving a large Mercedes van with rear a/c

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as mentioned previously, making changes. Current rock will look ridiculous in a 1500g tank. He's driving a large Mercedes van with rear a/c
That’s a ton of beautiful rock to have to start over. I would bandsaw the corals off and use it as base, but that is me lol. My move to FL in 1.5 years will involve taking everything lol. May also include 6-7 news blades being need for my saw.

Either way, best of luck on the trip down and can’t wait to see 1500g get going. Still quite a bit do time before I make the move, but it sounds like you about to have fun lol.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a ton of beautiful rock to have to start over. I would bandsaw the corals off and use it as base, but that is me lol. My move to FL in 1.5 years will involve taking everything lol. May also include 6-7 news blades being need for my saw.

Either way, best of luck on the trip down and can’t wait to see 1500g get going. Still quite a bit do time before I make the move, but it sounds like you about to have fun lol.
Can't wait to see how the move goes...

giphy.gif

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not until mid summer and Im keeping all fish and inverts and they are being driven non- stop to my home there. In exchange, Im giving the driver all the coral and already gave him Orphek Bars. Im also taking him for a fishing trip on my Boat on the Atlantic for his delivery services
I have a 4 outlet inverter and all livestock will be under air pumps and air conditioning
If you need extra body to assist let me know. Clermont area is home so a few minutes into Orlando.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just caught up on your build thread.....love it! i am anxiously waiting an update on your move!

We are in the beginning stages of planning a move from Southern Illinois to Sarasota Florida. It will be a year or two yet, but I am anxious about moving my livestock, rock etc. I might just sell the empty tank, and get a new bigger one....lol!

So I can't wait to see how it goes for you!

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just caught up on your build thread.....love it! i am anxiously waiting an update on your move!

We are in the beginning stages of planning a move from Southern Illinois to Sarasota Florida. It will be a year or two yet, but I am anxious about moving my livestock, rock etc. I might just sell the empty tank, and get a new bigger one....lol!

So I can't wait to see how it goes for you!
That's the way to do it! Moving the contents is tough enough! Might as well have a place ready for new placement. Granted, it might mean traveling back and forth a couple times, but it will really cut down on the trouble and increase your survival rates.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way to do it! Moving the contents is tough enough! Might as well have a place ready for new placement. Granted, it might mean traveling back and forth a couple times, but it will really cut down on the trouble and increase your survival rates.
Absolutely!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back