Vibrant and bubble algae

MJH01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would share this to maybe help others. My tank had been taken over by bubble algae, it was on the sand, over the rocks, blocking the overflow and even forcing the magnetic rack away from the glass because it was growing in between.

My high level of Nitrates seemed to be fueling the stuff, all other parameters where within an acceptable range, even the ICP test showed no issues.

I started vibrant on day 1 with just the 10ml for 100G but after 3 days decided to double the dose to twice a week.

The pictures show 21 days of treatment, no manual removal and no other variables. I can say it was a wonder treatment for me and has cleared my complete system. I do know that I still have to find the route cause and that is ongoing, but while I tackle that I can actually enjoy the tank again.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

tank.jpg

Reefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you had it real bad! I have some here and there, I'm going to give Vibrant a try and see If I can wipe it out completely.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great results. Did you notice any negative effects on corals with doubling the dosage? Also, were you doing any water changes during the treatment?

OP
OP
MJH01

MJH01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great results. Did you notice any negative effects on corals with doubling the dosage? Also, were you doing any water changes during the treatment?
No negative effects on corals, no water changes, ran carbon, dosed iodide and manganese daily. Stopped treatment and to date I am bubble algae free. For me vibrant was a magic cure for a pest that had annoyed me for a long time.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No negative effects on corals, no water changes, ran carbon, dosed iodide and manganese daily. Stopped treatment and to date I am bubble algae free. For me vibrant was a magic cure for a pest that had annoyed me for a long time.

Thanks for the feedback. I dosed my first 10ml on my 100g water volume yesterday. I will hold off on water changes during treatment.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back