Vibrant and Red Sea NOPOX for algae

Rjondo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can use Red Sea Nopox while using Vibrant to get rid of hair algae. I recently changed my lights from T5s to LED and can’t seem to get hair algae under control. My fish are in Quarantine because of ich and have been out of the display for 60 days. I plan on putting them back in at the end of the month. I would really like to try and get this algae under control. I have been using Vibrant for about 6 weeks and it’s not really working.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can use Red Sea Nopox while using Vibrant to get rid of hair algae. I recently changed my lights from T5s to LED and can’t seem to get hair algae under control. My fish are in Quarantine because of ich and have been out of the display for 60 days. I plan on putting them back in at the end of the month. I would really like to try and get this algae under control. I have been using Vibrant for about 6 weeks and it’s not really working.
Yes, you can use NoPo while using Vibrant. I did.

At 6 weeks I was going on faith with Vibrant, as well as trying to help Vibrant with manual algae removals. Vibrant seemed to wipe out different algae in turn (weird), but saved the worst for end... After 3 long months it was gone, so don't give up or stop yet ... At 2 months I almost stopped Vibrant as I wanted to get more macroalgae back in tank sump, then thought, what if I didn't get it all so went another 4 weeks with Vibrant...

From all my algae deaths re-releasing phosphates back, my parameters were WAY out of wack... Nitrates not nearly as bad as my phosphates, so I also used GFO & Blue Vet PhosphateRx (just takes LITTLE bit ... and if you have a yellow tang use tenth of what they say for PhosphateRx *if* your phosphates also go horribly wonky like mine). I couldn't go only Red See NoPo as I didn't want to bottom out my nitrates.

Good luck to you!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back