Vibrant got cold during shipping?

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will cold or maybe even freezing kill the bacteria in Vibrant? Will cold ruin it?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacteria can usually stand cold and freezing up to a point.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should get the owner of the company in here to say for certain. While I would think cold would be fine, freezing may kill it.

@UWC <---- maker of vibrant. Hopefully tagging him/her in this post will get them here to give a definitive answer.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally fine! We are in Minnesota, so we deal with extreme cold and heat here This is one of the issues we had to consider when we started bottling. Basically the way the bacteria are flash frozen and processed, they can handle extreme heat and freezing temps and will be ok. If your bottle arrived frozen, just let it sit out and return back to room temperature on its own before use :)

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally fine! We are in Minnesota, so we deal with extreme cold and heat here This is one of the issues we had to consider when we started bottling. Basically the way the bacteria are flash frozen and processed, they can handle extreme heat and freezing temps and will be ok. If your bottle arrived frozen, just let it sit out and return back to room temperature on its own before use :)
Good to know. Thanks

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freezing can definitely kill bottled bacteria.
Saying that, I don't think it will have any affect on Vibrant.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, API Algaefix is a lot cheaper than vibrant and is the same thing. both are the exact same algaecide (not bacteria)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back