Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner * Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by UWC, Oct 26, 2016.

1. CindyKz

CindyKz Well-Known Member

High nitrate and phosphate led me to a GHA outbreak. I got my nutrients under control by upgrading the light in my fuge (I have several macroalgaes in there, mostly cheato) and using GFO which took a couple months. I also cut down on my white light. The GHA is mostly better but I gave myself a nasty cyano outbreak :( Today my PO4 is .03, NO3 5. I turned the GFO off.

Wondering if everyone's experience with Vibrant is that it would be likely to make this situation better or worse?

ETA: tank is a 75 gal mixed reef set up for a little over a year, 8 small-med fish.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017

2. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Probably wouldn't impact it much either way. Used every other week it wouldn't be enough to take out the cyano (just keep your glass cleaner). Use it more often and it could hurt your fuge.

I would keep the GFO off, and try stirring the sand bed every day. You don't have to vacuum it out or anything, just give it a stir.

3. CindyKz

CindyKz Well-Known Member

Will do, thanks Brew :)

4. TexasReefer82

TexasReefer82 Member

UWC,
    Is there a discussion thread regarding your other product, Chroma Coral color supplement? I've been unable to find any reviews of the Chroma product... so I have bought a bottle and will be trying it myself. I will post my results here on R2R! After seeing the fabulous results of Vibrant I have high hopes for Chroma. Vibrant has resulted in some rather pale SPS corals, hoping Chroma makes them more colorful.

A couple questions:
    - Does Chroma need to be stirred/shaken on a daily basis? I intend on delivering it via dosing pump automatically from a container.

- Can Chroma be diluted with RODI water? My daily dose is only 2mL which is on the bottom end of my dosing pump's capability. I'm considering diluting it so that the daily requirement is 4, 10, or 20mL.

Thanks, John

5. TexasReefer82

TexasReefer82 Member

One more question... Is there an optimal time of day to dose Chroma? I was thinking that the middle of the night may be best when the acropora have their polyps most extended.

6. UWC

UWC Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hey John, there is not currently a discussion thread for Chroma, but there will be shortly as we are wrapping up our documentation of the power of Chroma in relation to growth and color.

Chroma does not need to be stirred or shaken and it is totally fine to dilute it with RO :)

Anytime of day is fine for dosing, but optimal time is at night if that is a option for the user.

Please take some pics along the way to track your progress :)

TexasReefer82 likes this.
  7. AlexaAzure81

AlexaAzure81 Member

I just started using vibrant because there was a lot of algae growing on my rock. The water was mostly clear otherwise. My tank is now cloudy. I just dosed my second dose yesterday. Suggestions? I want to do a water change but I have clown eggs in the upper corner so I’m holding off.

8. AlexaAzure81

AlexaAzure81 Member

I just started using vibrant and now my tank is cloudy: 2nd dose yesterday. Established tank. Would do water change but clown eggs in upper corner.

9. UWC

Just let it ride. There’s a good chance you had a quick die off of sludge or something in your system. If possible, turn up your skimmer to remove the excess. Shouldn’t last more then a few days :)

10. Michael Montgomery

Michael Montgomery Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

@UWC ... I'm currently treating a bubble algae problem with Vibrant... Will the bubbles dissolve, or do they need to be removed at some point? Right now, they're choking a small cluster of zoas, so If I need to do some surgery I'll dive in there and get'r done.

11. Jerome Woodward

Jerome Woodward Active Member

I just started treading some nasty hair algae in my tank.

UWC likes this.
  12. UWC

They do not need to be removed, they will disintegrate. With that said, when treating you can manually remove them, even if popped, without fear of them spreading. So get in there and save those zoas :)

Michael Montgomery likes this.
  13. matic

matic Member

I'm on my second dose of 12 ml for my reefer 450 sinds Wednesday, haven't seen any change in my dino problem. Am I impatience? I've vacuumed my sandbed and blown of my rocks before adding the vibrant.

14. UWC

Yup, give it more time :)

15. THX1138CY

THX1138CY Member

Started Vibrant 6 weeks ago to help me deal with a massive algae outbreak in my main display, Dosed 3 times(Twice the first week, the once the next), then proceeded to wait, after six weeks the algae is now in a controllable state with my CUC alone. Green Film Algae growth is severely retarded, initial doses wiped all refugium algae, had to reseed that, added gunk as well. All in all I am super pleased with the results.

Befor pic: 172152

After 6 weeks(3 doses): 6weekPostVibrant

IMG_20171012_172152.jpg

6weekPostVibrant.jpg

jkapit and UWC like this.
  16. UWC

Looking great :)

mmw64 likes this.
  17. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

Decided to give vibrant a try in my holding tank. It’s in really bad shape. Everything is covered in slime and algae. It is a 5g tank. I dosed 0.5ml Thursday and again this morning. No noticeable difference so far, but I’m very hopeful.

3037D3BA-9E9B-4B44-B3B6-E9C82AD510B8.jpeg

UWC likes this.
  18. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Make sure to help it along by removing dead/dying debris. Keep up on filtration media too.

19. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

Thanks. I'm a week in and I don't see much difference. I did my third dose today (dosing twice a week). My nitrates are still at 0. I planned to do a 90% water change over the weekend. It's only 5g, so it's easy to do big changes :)

20. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I would dose nitrate into your system to go along with the Vibrant.

Draft saved Draft deleted