Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner * Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by UWC, Oct 26, 2016.

1. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

This tank used to have nitrates around 2ppm. Then all heck broke loose and everything got covered in algae. Hence my purchase :) I can give it a small dose to get the level up though. What do you recommend?

Brew12 likes this.

2. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I used stump remover when I had cyano problems from dosing Vibrant. Cleared it right up. The goal is to keep them around 5ppm. You also want to stir the sand bed regularly.

3. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

I never stir my sand. I’ve always thought that was a no no. I have the stump remover. I’ve always had issues in my tank when using it.

4. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I think stirring sand is vital to prevent cyano as long as you don't run a DSB. That can cause problems. But, if your sand is 2" or less, stir away. After all, isn't that why so many of us put sand sifters in our CuC?

UWC and TheEngineer like this.
  5. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy New Member

I had a dictyota algae problem. Thought it was cool looking at first, then it literally took over my tank. I had read about your product in this post and decided to give it a try. Although there is no mention of Dictyota eradication in any of the posts I read. I can attest it works. Thank you

Scubabeth and rushbattle like this.
  6. rushbattle

rushbattle Well-Known Member

Thank you for reporting this! So often folks don’t, and it’s quite helpful if these observations are recorded so others can have an idea if it might work.

Brew12 likes this.
  7. Charles4400

Charles4400 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used this with clams in the tank?

If so did you you notice any effects on them?

8. David Bell

David Bell Member

I just started dosing Vibrant with a Maxima Clam in my tank. the suggestion was to start at 1/4 of the dose to see what the clam does. As of today, my clam looks like there are no ill effects from the dosage and I will start the full dose tomorrow since I am trying to rid the tank of cyano and bubble algae.

Charles4400 likes this.
  9. tdileo

tdileo Well-Known Member

Has anybody used this to treat bryopsis? I'm curious as to if it truly works for it.

10. Brew12

It does, but it takes a long time. That stuff is tough.
    Fluconazole works better for Bryopsis but it puts a hurt on a lot of the smaller life in your system. I lost all my amphipods after dosing with Fluconazole.

11. tdileo

tdileo Well-Known Member

So my best bet is Fluconanzole then? I am setting up a new tank so don't mind if most of the pods die as I will be re-seeding it anyway. I'm going to try and remove all of my anemones manually so I can just dry out and re-cure the rocks I like and use them but give the rest to someone else who wants it.

12. Brew12

I'm confused. If you are going to dry out and re-cure the rock, why treat it at all?

13. tdileo

tdileo Well-Known Member

If I can't remove my anemones, I'm going to treat the tank. But if I can, I'm going to dry and re-cure the rock after I move the nems to my new tank.

Brew12 likes this.
  14. Charles4400

Charles4400 Well-Known Member

Thanks David, great to hear no ill affects on the clam! Please keep us updated.

15. David Bell

David Bell Member

Will do. :) I am also using the reef version of Vibrant to clarify this to.

16. Just_Pete

Just_Pete Member

Glad I stumbled on this thread! Been dealing with a bubble algae problem :mad:

Manual picking isn't doing much as I tend to pop half of the bubbles each time. I just ordered Vibrant for Reefs. I have a IM20 gallon stocked with zoas, torches, blastos, 3 acros, monti, favia, cleaner shrimp, emerarld grab, hermits, snails, dottyback, mandarin, and clown. My livestock should be ok with 1ml every week, right? I do a 4 gallon water change every week.

I also have chateo and a pretty healthy copopods population, will Vibrant have an effect on these?

17. Brew12

The vibrant will take out the Chaeto after a few weeks if you dose more than every other week so you may want to pull that. Otherwise, it shouldn't cause any problems.

18. Just_Pete

Just_Pete Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info. What about copepods?

19. Just_Pete

Just_Pete Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info. What about copepods?

20. Brew12

Nope, no problems there.

Draft saved Draft deleted