Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner * Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by UWC, Oct 26, 2016.

1. David Bell

David Bell Member

Second weekly dose added to the tank 12 hours ago. This time was a full 7 ml dose since the first was 2 ml to make sure that the clam was okay. At this time, there is no effect on the clam and looks to be doing the exact same as before I started dosing Vibrant.

Charles4400 and Brew12 like this.

2. Charles4400

Charles4400 Active Member

Awesome David, great to hear! I've got 2 Croceas in my tank and vibrant reef on the way, so your reporting certainly helps!

How's The algae looking?

Do you have chaeto? If so how's it holding out?

Thanks and appreciate the updates, please keep em coming!

3. drtrash

drtrash Well-Known Member

Anyone use this in a maintanance dose/schedule to keep glass cleaner and have no impact on chaeto?

4. David Bell

David Bell Member

I do not have chaeto nor a refugium attached to my tank. Can't find a good place to add it yet but am thinking about a Santa Monica Surf2 or a Surf4 at a later time.

The cyano does not look like it is growing in size. I did another syphon of the cyano yesterday before the dosage but that cyano patch has been there from before the first dosage too. I will report how it is working later this week.

As for bubble algae, I have notice the walls of the algae becoming thinner from what I can see but again, I think it might be me imagining stuff too.

Charles4400 likes this.
  5. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Are you stirring the sand bed where you see the Cyano form?

6. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

Have read about 20 pages so far and looks to be a good product so ordered a bottle today. I have what I thought were dinos so dosed dino-x with no effect, but were told it could possibly be cyano so have dosed for the last couple weeks h2o2 and that has done very little, I've lost a fair few high end zoas to the brown dusting which I can't keep up with during the day as I work from 6-5. My no3 bottomed out so I suspect the cyano was my own fault, but I now have gha taking hold on a few frags and a couple of spots on the rockwork, current no3 is 4 and po4 is 0.04, am hoping this stuff will do the trick as its getting to be demoralising and am just not enjoying it atm.
    I will post some before shots when I start which will hopefully be tomorrow.
    A question to finish,Can I still dose nopox alongside this?

7. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

Have read about 20 pages so far and looks to be a good product so ordered a bottle today. I have what I thought were dinos so dosed dino-x with no effect, but were told it could possibly be cyano so have dosed for the last couple weeks h2o2 and that has done very little, I've lost a fair few high end zoas to the brown dusting which I can't keep up with during the day as I work from 6-5. My no3 bottomed out so I suspect the cyano was my own fault, but I now have gha taking hold on a few frags and a couple of spots on the rockwork, current no3 is 4 and po4 is 0.04, am hoping this stuff will do the trick as its getting to be demoralising and am just not enjoying it atm.
    I will post some before shots when I start which will hopefully be tomorrow.
    A question to finish,Can I still dose nopox alongside this?

8. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

You can. Nopox is basically carbon dosing. Vibrant is also carbon dosing with an component that directly impacts algae. So they won't interfere with each other but you may have more NO3 reduction than you want.

9. David Bell

David Bell Member

No sand bed either. ;)

Brew12 likes this.
  10. Brew12

Well, that's your problem. How can you stir your sand if you don't have any? ;Facepalm

:p

11. David Bell

David Bell Member

All my cyano is growing my my rocks apparently LOL However, the cyano was growing on the starboard which is located on the bottom of the tank, I would have to syphon that out too :D

Brew12 likes this.
  12. Brew12

Most bare bottom tanks are very high flow, I'm assuming yours is the same? Cyno forms mats over nutrients to create its own little eco-friendly environment. It is odd to have cyano grow on a bare bottom or starboard unless there is detritus accumulation in those areas. It is more common on rocks which may be leaching nutrients. If something deep in the rock is decaying it can fuel cyano for awhile until the source completely dissolves.

13. Heuristic

Heuristic Member

I have been dosing Vibrant heavily for weeks now and while my chaeto isn't exactly growing at all, it is not killing it.

Brew12 likes this.
  14. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

So best to reduce my nopox then? I will be checking my params before dosing anyway. My bottle has arrived, can I assume the measurements are in US gallons?

15. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

Forgot to ask, what about using Redsea Reef Energy A+B still?

16. UWC

UWC Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Totally fine to use while using Vibrant. Just be careful, a lot of these products absolutely fuel algae unless you are unls and your corals depend on it to live :)

17. Mikeand Mel

Mikeand Mel Active Member

We are having a issue with algae or Dinos not sure what but, NO3 is 0, Phos .15. We just ordered Vibrant (saltwater) and sodium nitrate (see photo). After reading alot we think we should raise NO3 before dosing Vibrant....any thoughts?
    Secondly, this is a reef and we ordered saltwater vibrant will this be a problem?
    Thanks

18. Mikeand Mel

Mikeand Mel Active Member

Oops here is photo of product. Any ideas how to dose this? IMG_7317.JPG

19. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

Are the dosing volumes in u.s gallons?

20. UWC

UWC Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Would absolutely get you nitrates up first. Po4 higher then NO3 is a big no no. Will be fine to use the saltwater formula :)

That is correct :)

jkapit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted