Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner * Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by UWC, Oct 26, 2016.

1. jkapit

jkapit Member NJRC Member

Following....

2. Charles4400

Charles4400 Active Member

What happens if po4 is higher than no3 while using vibrant?

I might need to dose nitrate as my tank is like this. I feed heavy as well and I've got .08 phosphate (Hanna phosphorous) and 0 nitrate ( red sea and salifert test). And I have gha patches throughout the tank with some cyano.

3. UWC

UWC Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Nothing happens when dosing Vibrant but in general having lower NO3 than Po4 is not good and a lot of times this is the main reason why cyano and dino can take off in a tank. Shoot for 5-10ppm NO3 and around .03 Po4. You will probably end up needing to dose quite a bit of No3 to get yours up. Nice thing is, you can do it quickly with little harm to your tank :)

Brew12 and Charles4400 like this.
  4. Charles4400

Charles4400 Active Member

Thanks will look for a product to raise nitrates with. Any recommendations?

Should I also balance things out before using your chroma coral plus? ( And when parameters are balanced is it ok to use chroma coral plus and vibrant at the same time?)

5. Heuristic

Heuristic Member

This may not be the best place to ask this but figured it couldn't hurt....

I have vibrant for my reef tank and my son's freshwater tank water has been a little foggy. It's a 10 gallon tank and I was thinking of throwing in .5 to 1ml of my reef vibrant in there to clear it up. Any reasons I could from my vibrant experts?

6. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

AA9CC104-C78C-42BA-ACD0-BD2108629D14.jpeg Week 1 in the DT. Definitely see improvements beginning. Cyano sprouting on the rock work. I dosed nitrates yesterday to get them up.

Brew12 likes this.
  7. Mikeand Mel

Mikeand Mel Active Member

Just dosed 30ml of sodium nitrate solution in tank....should I wait until Nitrate is stable above 0 to start dosing vibrant?

8. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

This stuff is finally starting to kick in for my DT. What a difference a week makes!

This was a week ago:
    friday.jpg

Here is today:
    today.jpg

There is still a ways to go, but look a the wall of the overflow for example and the very top two rocks. Cyano is getting a bit worse, so I'm going to test my nitrates and possibly give another boost.

Not having much luck with my holding tank. It is mostly covered in a weird slime algae...

holding.jpg

9. David Bell

David Bell Member

UPDATE: going on my 4th dose of Vibrant with a clam

No effect on the clam. The red slime is almost gone and I would guess that I have 1 more dose for the red slime. As for the bubble algae, it is thinning out now and I do have some more doses ahead of me to take care of that.

Charles4400 likes this.
  10. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I posting to confirm that I have been able to run a maintenance dose every 2 weeks and my chaeto is still growing like crazy. I wiped it out quick when dosing twice a week but no noticeable impact at once every other week.

WWIII and jkapit like this.
  11. tonymacc

tonymacc Member

3 doses in with the 4th tomorrow, slow progress here but the gha on one of my frags has gone but it remains on the others, cyano hasn't really been touched as of yet but I will continue with the twice weekly dosage.

12. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

As I'm trying to kill my bubble algae, I started using this yesterday, is it ok to still feed my corals with Reef Roids and Polyp Booster? As of this past Sunday my No3 is 0.5ppm and Po4 is 0.01ppm per Red Sea Pro test kits. Yes I'm trying to run a ULNS hence why I use both Roids and Booster.

13. UWC

Gha will be rid first before you see any traction on the cyano :)

Yes, keep your corals well fed with those low numbers :)

14. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Ok thanks.

UWC likes this.
  15. TheEngineer

Forgot to post this last week. Lots more cyano but it is receding in the first places it showed up. Minimal impact on bubble algae but i do see some areas with popped bubbles, so maybe that’s progress.

I’m seeing my acans get really annoyed when I dose and for the next two days. Anyone else notice an issue with acans?

B7F40BA6-0D97-4B6B-8297-10D3BFF44028.jpeg

UWC likes this.
  16. UWC

What are your current water quality readings?

17. TheEngineer

Nitrate 2, Phosphate .02, Alk 9, Cal 420 as of two days ago.

18. UWC

Just have to give it more time, especially with bubble, which will be rid before the cyano. If possible, I’d bump your no3 reading up to 5.

TheEngineer likes this.
  19. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

In my opinion you are better off closer than 15 than under 3. Lasse has done research that shows some Cyano strains have a difficult time forming mats at NO3 levels >3ppm. Don't be afraid of going a little high.

jkapit, UWC and TheEngineer like this.
  20. TheEngineer

Sounds good! I’ll bump it tomorrow

UWC and Brew12 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted