After having to move my tank twice in a year an not having a lot of time for maintenance I had a terrible algae bloom. After pulling out the big clumps vibrant made a huge difference over the last 3 weeks, there’s only a stubborn spots left.
FYI, removing any algae from your sump will speed up the process that the BA dies off.9 weeks into treatment for my 125g reef which was borderline overrun by bubble alage. ~140g total system volume. Beginning water parameters: NO3 ~3, PO4 generally undetectable.
Weeks 1-4, dosed 14-15ml 1x/week. No noticable effect besides slowing the rate of further encroachment.
Week 5 I began dosing 2x/week, as I was unsatisfied with the results.
Weeks 6-7 began seeing occasional broken pieces of BA floating around the tank, some pieces were beginning to lighten and pop, and were not replaced by new cells. Some corals that were being encroached upon beginning to reclaim their space. Chaeto and gracillara in sump greatly reduced, GHA which I also allow in sump not affected.
Weeks 8-9 I've noticed corraline algae beginning to encrust on many of the bubbles. Many cells are visibly popped.
Small clumps of cells beginning to detach and are consumed by CUC. Not sure if that means the BA is dead and still attached, but it seems like progress. Chaeto/gracillara virtually gone, GHA thriving with less competition in the sump area. Currently parameters NO3 ~6, PO4 .05
Well, that makes sense. I had only considered trying to keep my sump alage alive throughout the process, but ya I can see how that would reduce the effectiveness of the product. Thanks for the tip!FYI, removing any algae from your sump will speed up the process that the BA dies off.
It took my chaetomorpha out before it took out the hair algae. This may be coincidence or possibly just bad timing but my experience is Vibrant will kill the macro as well.Vibrant does not affect macro algaes or refugiums. Algae scrubbers are a different story and we recommend taking them offline while using Vibrant.
Not my thread and a bit out of my lane, but just a few thoughts.after following the Vibrant instructions for a "dirty" tank containing a nasty outbreak of Prorocentrum Dinos, I have come to the conclusion that it does nothing to eliminate the species of Dino that I have. It has been 4 weeks of dosing and I saw no changes.
ok most of the GHA is gone, Rocks not all blackish and looking like rocks again. Going to cut down to every two weeks now ans keep an eye on everything. I received some ZEOBAK and I am thinking about dosing to diversify my bacteria portfolio and dosing but I dont know what the impact will be. Anyone got any ideas? I would say Vibrant is a success and would recommend to anyone.Since I am wrapping up my 4th week dose I can say without a doubt this stuff works very well. I did have to dose aminos because my SPS where getting very light colored and starving but the aminos worked like a charm. It will strip your N and P so keep an eye on that and go very slow and err on the side of caution and half dose weekly if you worry about that. I had blackish stuff on the rocks and GHA all over and its almost totally gone and I can finish by manual removing the leftover GHA and that easily lets go of the rocks. Like BRS said when they tested this stuff, go slow it took you months for the infestation to happen it will take a month or months to be gone.