BRS

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dosing every two weeks will still rid your bubble, just a bit slower, which is totally fine. Stick with the full dose every two weeks :)
Already did dose Monday. Hopefully I can only keep the 2 colonies and not spread it. I dunno why I have nutrients po4 and no3. Plenty. But only change. So I'll go to every 2 weeks. Especially since tank is spotless and bubble algae isn't taken over. Just tiny cluster or two

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dosing every two weeks will still rid your bubble, just a bit slower, which is totally fine. Stick with the full dose every two weeks :)

The problem is to know when to stop or reduce to the maintenance dose? In a large tank it's very difficult to know for sure that there's no more bubble algae DNA. Just the other day, when I thought they were gone, I found a few of them under a turf of bryopsis.

I began dosing weekly in late December, and I've been dosing every 3 days for the last 2 months.

Reef Man

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a tank (SPS) with 295 gallons total including sump and refugium with a big problem of GHA. Recently I had a problem with my calcium reactor and KH went to 10. Some sps are not well by that peak as normally I maintain it to 8.
My Po4 is 0.03 and my No3 is 2.5.

As I understand, I need to isolate my refugium to do not get it damaged by the Vibrant and I am worry about how my levels will be as soon as I introduce vibrant, because I think they will be lowered and then when GHA start to die will release everything to the water again.

Any suggestion how to control this and to do not impact my sps corals?

reefer333_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC I am using vibrant to get rid of bubble algae. So far, I am 4 weeks in (dose twice a week due to bad infestation) and starting to see some bubble algae turning clear and seems to be working. A couple of questions.

1. What kind of exit strategy do u recommend to stop dosing vibrant after all bubble algae are gone? For example, should I continue dosing at once every two weeks for a while? if so, for how many weeks? or can I just stop dosing all together after I no longer see bubble algae in my tank? My fear is that after I stopped, it will come back if I stop suddenly. Please advice.

2. I removed chaeto from my fuge before I started dosing (fear that chaeto will die and release bad stuff back into the water). How long should I wait after I stopped dosing before putting chaeto back into the fuge? Thanks in advance.

Also any fellow reefers who have used vibrant to get rid of bubble algae, if you can chime in on how you successfully stopped using vibrant, that will be great. much appreciated.

Dkmoo

View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC - does this work on valonia fastigiata? (The stalky kind of bubble algae) currently at week 5 of 2x weekly dose. Only see very few stalks turning white and most are covered by a film of cyano so not sure if its the vibrant turning those few white or if its the cyano covered them.

duffer

View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC - does this work on valonia fastigiata? (The stalky kind of bubble algae) currently at week 5 of 2x weekly dose. Only see very few stalks turning white and most are covered by a film of cyano so not sure if its the vibrant turning those few white or if its the cyano covered them.
i can tell you my bubble algae took about 10 weeks to final go away

Reef Man

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a tank (SPS) with 295 gallons total including sump and refugium with a big problem of GHA. Recently I had a problem with my calcium reactor and KH went to 10. Some sps are not well by that peak as normally I maintain it to 8.
My Po4 is 0.03 and my No3 is 2.5.

As I understand, I need to isolate my refugium to do not get it damaged by the Vibrant and I am worry about how my levels will be as soon as I introduce vibrant, because I think they will be lowered and then when GHA start to die will release everything to the water again.

Any suggestion how to control this and to do not impact my sps corals?
@UWC pls your help!

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

Reef Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, go low and slow. Dose 1x every two weeks and keep your refugium running. I would also try and manually remove as you go along :)
Thanks, I will. Any impact on my refugium? I have chaeto and caulerpa prolifera.
I am runing GFO and Carbon and huge skimmer. CaRx with Mag Media to maintain levels.
This is how my problem looks today before first dose:

BTW, do I need to continue to add aminos and food to the corals?

Last edited:

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Scrubber is using algae - vibrant kills algae - scrubber will do nothing.
They don’t recommend the scrubber, while dosing. You can take it off line for a week.
I have a scrubber as well, and I still make algae, I love the vibrant product, it works. This tank is only six months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 13
BRS

attiland

View Badges
Reaction score
They don’t recommend the scrubber, while dosing. You can take it off line for a week.
I have a scrubber as well, and I still make algae, I love the vibrant product, it works. This tank is only six months old.
Does work no question. While using it the algae scrubber will not though. If you have the option to keep it somewhere else while dosing you can save the time of restarting the scrubber.

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Does vibrant have an expiration date? I couldnt find one on my bottle and Inhave had it for about 4 months now. Would like to know if a good amount of time passes, could I potentially be adding something hazardous into my tank?

OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does vibrant have an expiration date? I couldnt find one on my bottle and Inhave had it for about 4 months now. Would like to know if a good amount of time passes, could I potentially be adding something hazardous into my tank?

Because of the way the bacteria are processed, it has a long shelf life. Three years once opened :)

can i leave the ozone and skimmer to be on when using vibrant ?

Yes :)

@UWC can i continue using fm energy and bacto blend after dosing vibrant ?

Yes :)

BRS
BRS

Do you prefer rubble rock, larger rocks or no rock in your sump and why?

• Rubble

Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Larger Rock

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 10.1%
Reef Breeders