ScottB

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is vibrant safe to use with seahares and urchin? Battling some hair algae.

Thanks reefers!
I have dosed a client tank with both those inhabitants and nobody got hurt. I cannot for sure say who did the most work against GHA, but I did have to rehome the sea hare so he did not starve.

Avast

Mrzak92

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can you dose vibrant and flux rx together or will i get negative results.

Im currently struggling with gha byropsis and bubble algae its not too bad but can sea it spreading slowly whoch i want deal before it becomes a big problem.

Weekly Phosphate results are 0.1-0.6 nitrate 1-5ppm. Its a red sea max E-170 Tank running approx 9 months.

BRS

fluked

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can you dose vibrant and flux rx together or will i get negative results.

Im currently struggling with gha byropsis and bubble algae its not too bad but can sea it spreading slowly whoch i want deal before it becomes a big problem.

Weekly Phosphate results are 0.1-0.6 nitrate 1-5ppm. Its a red sea max E-170 Tank running approx 9 months.
I doser vibrant and reef flux (should be same thing as flux rx) at the same time no losses. Was using vibrant for 3+ months then half dosed reef flux, worked super well when I started adding reef flux.

Mrzak92

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I doser vibrant and reef flux (should be same thing as flux rx) at the same time no losses. Was using vibrant for 3+ months then half dosed reef flux, worked super well when I started adding reef flux.
Thanks for your reply. Wanted to know if you have experienced any cynao when using vibrant and how often was you dosing

Haacheew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks will do can i carry on with my weekly water change or need to stop while dosing vibrant.
I do normal water change first then I do 1 dose Vibrant (or even with Reef Flux at the same time) then leave it in my tank for 10 days before doing 20% water change. I install air stone to provide oxygen; afterward turn of skimmer. Every tank is different, but that's how I use Vibrant. Done that couple of times with no problem.

AquaCave Logo Banner

BurgerFish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So, Vibrant works. It takes almost 2 months and it destroy all GHA, Bubble, all chaeto and all macros... Bubble was really tough.

After that I had cyano outbreaks and after fallowed by dinos outbreak. All SPS are also dead. LPS wasn't happy. Softy was perfectly fine.

So, Vibrant can crash your tank and destroy it's ecosystem. Use it as the last resolve.

Now I'm trying to rebuild my fuge, dosing microbacter7. Will see.

a.t.t.r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So, Vibrant works. It takes almost 2 months and it destroy all GHA, Bubble, all chaeto and all macros... Bubble was really tough.

After that I had cyano outbreaks and after fallowed by dinos outbreak. All SPS are also dead. LPS wasn't happy. Softy was perfectly fine.

So, Vibrant can crash your tank and destroy it's ecosystem. Use it as the last resolve.

Now I'm trying to rebuild my fuge, dosing microbacter7. Will see.
I got redslime -> dinos after a single dose of vibrant and under a microscope all diversity of life is gone. That's what I get for trying to diversify life with assorted bacterial additives. Wish I knew that vibrant was really an algicide and not a bacteria like they claim beforehand.

Midrats

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got redslime -> dinos after a single dose of vibrant and under a microscope all diversity of life is gone. That's what I get for trying to diversify life with assorted bacterial additives. Wish I knew that vibrant was really an algicide and not a bacteria like they claim beforehand.
Me too. It took out a bunch of my coralline and a couple of SPS. Stay far away from Vibrant!

AquaCave Logo Banner

outhouse

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Vibrant and fluconazole works great
reef dec 21.jpg

ScottB

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is this something that should be used when there is a problem present or is it something you can start while cycling a tank and continue to dose through the tanks life?
Not for cycling the tank.

You will get various opinions. For a FOWLR tank, you can use it indiscriminately. It contains an algaecide and is very effective.

If corals are your thing, it is a tool that should be handled with considerable care, IMO.

reco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My hammers, torches, frogspawn, acans and elegance corals are all very unhappy after one dose of vibrant. I saw a BRS video of them using vibrant to treat dinos and so I tried it. The theory is to provide a bacteria that will compete with the dinos. Sorry I tried it now.

a.t.t.r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My hammers, torches, frogspawn, acans and elegance corals are all very unhappy after one dose of vibrant. I saw a BRS video of them using vibrant to treat dinos and so I tried it. The theory is to provide a bacteria that will compete with the dinos. Sorry I tried it now.
Funny because even the company says it isn’t actually bacteria. I added it also thinking it was a bacteria.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Carbon

Votes: 132 37.0%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 117 32.8%
  • Water changes

Votes: 242 67.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums