Vibrant Saltwater vs. Vibrant Reef

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the difference is between the Saltwater and Reef versions of Vibrant. I have a nano reef tank, but the Saltwater version is more easily accessible to me.

I know it has it's drawbacks, but I have some stubborn algae on my sinularia that is difficult to get off without harming the coral.

OP
OP
Jib

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef is if you have coral.
Saltwater is for FOWLR or similar systems.
Yeah, I did think as much with the product types, was just curious if anyone knew what the differnce is with the actual product. Like, can you use the Saltwater version in a reef tank? If you do does it melt corals or something?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I did think as much with the product types, was just curious if anyone knew what the differnce is with the actual product. Like, can you use the Saltwater version in a reef tank? If you do does it melt corals or something?
Good question. Anyone know? LFS sold me Saltwater for my Reef Tank.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a thread where a few people said it was essentially the same except that the concentration of bacteria in saltwater was a bit more. I was reading the vibrant thread today and the makers suggest starting at low dose and slowly upping it.

MattB69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use either. The saltwater version is slightly more concentrated according to the mfg. I started with the reef version and then went to the saltwater because it was just easier to get on Amazon. Just watch your nitrates and phosphates as you go. Don't let them bottom out or you will have worse issues.

debken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
32735, Grand Island, Florida, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use either. The saltwater version is slightly more concentrated according to the mfg. I started with the reef version and then went to the saltwater because it was just easier to get on Amazon. Just watch your nitrates and phosphates as you go. Don't let them bottom out or you will have worse issues.
Are you currently using the saltwater version? If so do you have mix corals? if so any effects on them? Thanks

AlienBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on how using vibrant saltwater went for your corals? I just added some to my reef tank without noticing they had a reef tank version (apparently not sold on Amazon).

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: everyone detests vibrant now. I don't necessarily, but everyone else 100% does. you will soon see abundant clickable reasons why the loathing is deep w that one lol.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algaefix is cheaper and basically the same stuff and doesn't lie to you about what it actually is.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back