Vibrant with Microbacter7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Straasha

View Badges
Reaction score
Can I use Vibrant and Microbacter7 at the same time or are they duplicative and will cause problems used at the same time?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Microbacter7 is a mix of nitrifyers and heterotrophs. Vibrant is comprised of (I think) heterotrophs, as well as some enzymes and a carbon source.

What is it you are trying to achieve?

OP
OP
Straasha

Straasha

View Badges
Reaction score
Trying to keep a healthy tank. I have both products and dose vibrant every 2 weeks. Just curious if I can/should also dose Microbacter7 per its instructions as well.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
following. definitely curious what people are doing. I currently use Vibrant, but didn't consider using something else.

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have both but i would not dose 2 together. I do one or the other every 3 months just to see the different from products and not having negative impact on reef system.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was dosing microbacter clean and didnt notice a differece but when I stopped my nitrtes shot up to 30. Never had them past 10. I did just add a bunch of corals but had not feed them yet when they got that high. I did 2 big waterchanges withing 3 to 4 days and hooked up skimmer so now all is good.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
my nitrates are back up. Started feeding corals. Should I dose nopox? I have a bottle that came with used tank. Would microbacter lower nitrates? I use chemipure elite and that seems to work for phosphates. I thought having a skimmer would make a difference. I put the chemipure in my sock. sorry to highjack your post.
I want to start dosing stuff for color and growth. I change water weekly so usually my nitrates are 10 or below and calcium and all is good. My corals are all small frags so they arent consuming much. Pretty new to this. Spent countless hours reseaching and watching youtubes but still so much to learn!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
For tank maintenance, microbacter clean or vibrant would be the better choice. Clean has the heterotrpphs and not the nitrifyers which are not necessary to add in an established tank.

Daveph68

View Badges
Reaction score
I have read the if you have a refugium with macroalgae that if you are using Vibrant it will kill your macro-algae, have others used this with a refugium and had negative effects in macro-algae dying?

Back