Vibrant????

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling bubble algae for two months now and seems to be losing… My nutrients are very low… Nitrates are under five parts and my phosphate is .0015 I’ve even tried the last two weeks to just run blues and no white lights and it might have slow down the growth but that’s about it. I was going to run vibrant and then some biodigest kit to level out my bacteria. My question is if it kills bubble algae won’t it kill my scrubber and fuge?? Is there any other way?

OP
OP
phil bevilacqua

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically anything that will take care of the Bubble algae will take care of all algae in general... lol.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of trying this out. I have a refugium in my middle chamber of a 32 biocude. I'm going to remove the chaeto and see how this works. I'm going with the bi weekly dose and give it time vs. the weekly approach. Quick changes are never good :)

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one time I had bubble algae, i took the water moving pieces and soaked them in vinegar. Then i siphoned out as much as i could from the tank and then i added emerald crabs. Worked for me. I avoid additives at all cost.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added crabs a few times and did not get any that were eating it. My large rocks are fused together so have not been able to take all of them out and the bubble is integrated with my other corals, so can't do a large soak. Overall, I completely agree with you about additives. Up until now, I've siphoned and removed but failed keep it at bay. But I am nervous about introducing additives :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back