Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in because I haven’t been getting alerts again. I missed a few posts. I rarely just have time to browse any more and rely on notifications.

since CDC and Emory have been clearing house, and starting a new program, I’ve been talking with a recruiter about my previous virology research. It’s possible it might lead to something at CDC, so I’ve been trying to figure out how that fits into our current life.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Victoria M Soooooooo how’s that new mp40 treating ya?
Finally got both of them on Mobius! It took like 5-6 updates on the 2019 MP40 so I thought it was just failing to connect and I was super frustrated. BUT now that they are both there I am getting the hang of it! I will post screen shots of how it works.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in because I haven’t been getting alerts again. I missed a few posts. I rarely just have time to browse any more and rely on notifications.

since CDC and Emory have been clearing house, and starting a new program, I’ve been talking with a recruiter about my previous virology research. It’s possible it might lead to something at CDC, so I’ve been trying to figure out how that fits into our current life.
This could be good or bad depending how you look at it, right? Kids in day care is scary in my opinion. And I know you want to help. In my thoughts friend.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got both of them on Mobius! It took like 5-6 updates on the 2019 MP40 so I thought it was just failing to connect and I was super frustrated. BUT now that they are both there I am getting the hang of it! I will post screen shots of how it works.
Mobius is their wireless controller?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be good or bad depending how you look at it, right? Kids in day care is scary in my opinion. And I know you want to help. In my thoughts friend.
This’ll be from home writing proposals and doing project ground work until Naturalization comes in and we are out of the current situation- proposal is to go into office closer to summer ‘21 but be working remote from October. We’ll see.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our band camp is moving forward. 250 or so kids with wind instruments. We are not involved of course due to Bradleys surgery approaching. I think the school is nucking futs for allowing this. However, I heard a rumor that OH was going to cancel falls sports. I pray they do.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our band camp is moving forward. 250 or so kids with wind instruments. We are not involved of course due to Bradleys surgery approaching. I think the school is nucking futs for allowing this. However, I heard a rumor that OH was going to cancel falls sports. I pray they do.
Our governor just announced that individual cities don’t have the right to mandate mask laws and practically told GA residents they don’t have to comply if they don’t want to.

And a 4 year old tested positive at our daycare after the parents (both positive) let him go while they waited for his test results, without informing the school. He was there for a week before it came back positive. Now a friend of ours, who has been forced to work (she’s a vet at a research animal facility) by Emory, has to be tested after their twins spent the week in class with the kid. If she tests positive, there’s a good chance she’ll have to euthanize 1200 primates.

We’ve kept C and T home since March 8th, and have no plans to put them in school again until at least spring 21 but man, what a situation.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad you are liking the new vortech. Are you adding a second to the existing flow scheme for the tank? Or is the second one replacing another pump?

I had to do firmware updates too, and it was a little frustrating. But once they are connected it is really easy to set a schedule and link the vortechs. No more playing around trying to set master and slave pumps, plus it is nice to be able to have it run different modes at different times of the day.

I know all this was possible with apex or ghl and their Ecotech modules, but it is nice to have that c ability without having to worry about buying another module.

U

User1

View Badges
For whatever reason I'm not getting any updates either - go figure. Figured I'm out of the cool club :). Hope all is well with you, your family, and of course with your job. I know my better half census at the hospital is super nutty. Summer accidents, surgeries kicking in post California opening, and now back to closure. Really messing with everything and they recently had a kiddo with c19 on their floor (picu).

On the school front it is utterly crazy. Ca is also suspending school. I get it. I don't agree with it though but my children are older. I'm looking at it from a parent point of view be it single or couple and their jobs that may or may not allow them to properly supervise home schooling. Home schooling is amazing but one or both of the parents or extended family are playing the roll of teacher and principle. My fear is that this is only going to increase separation of children between those with parents that participate vs. those that don't, or can't leading to serious issues the following years. My daughter is in nursing school and while every other program has suspended hospital classes hers is not. They see it as real world and with my former military background I agree. Saying that one of their classmates did test positive and now they all have to QT for 14 days... Can't win - the virus wants to live.

I may have missed a full tank shot - is there a current one? Our tanks are about the same age so like to see how far behind I am :). Hope all is well!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason I'm not getting any updates either - go figure. Figured I'm out of the cool club :). Hope all is well with you, your family, and of course with your job. I know my better half census at the hospital is super nutty. Summer accidents, surgeries kicking in post California opening, and now back to closure. Really messing with everything and they recently had a kiddo with c19 on their floor (picu).

On the school front it is utterly crazy. Ca is also suspending school. I get it. I don't agree with it though but my children are older. I'm looking at it from a parent point of view be it single or couple and their jobs that may or may not allow them to properly supervise home schooling. Home schooling is amazing but one or both of the parents or extended family are playing the roll of teacher and principle. My fear is that this is only going to increase separation of children between those with parents that participate vs. those that don't, or can't leading to serious issues the following years. My daughter is in nursing school and while every other program has suspended hospital classes hers is not. They see it as real world and with my former military background I agree. Saying that one of their classmates did test positive and now they all have to QT for 14 days... Can't win - the virus wants to live.

I may have missed a full tank shot - is there a current one? Our tanks are about the same age so like to see how far behind I am :). Hope all is well!
I have so much to say but my mind swirls around with all the aspects to consider. I read a great article by a dad discussing sending kids to school. It helped me to see through the bs. It solidified Some ideas in my mind. Life as we knew is gone for now. The bottom line is kids left behind academically vs kids dying or being damaged for life. Our pediatric healthcare resources are even more limited than our adult resources. I know there is are a lot of kids that need school for care and food they do not receive at home. This is a large problem that I dont have an answer for.

Next up...reef stuff.

U

User1

View Badges
I have so much to say but my mind swirls around with all the aspects to consider. I read a great article by a dad discussing sending kids to school. It helped me to see through the crap. It solidified Some ideas in my mind. Life as we knew is gone for now. The bottom line is kids left behind academically vs kids dying or being damaged for life. Our pediatric healthcare resources are even more limited than our adult resources. I know there is are a lot of kids that need school for care and food they do not receive at home. This is a large problem that I dont have an answer for.

Next up...reef stuff.

I hear you. Side note - my wife's floor (PICU) had a 34 year old on it :D A bed is a bed, right?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pictures of the Mobius app features.

DD14BCDB-A6D4-4C90-953C-089B3FB435CF.png
F67B1424-E630-4065-A82C-846BA8EBFF7C.png
5B754124-E40E-4AAA-8084-E9C0D6FD32FE.png

U

User1

View Badges
That reminds me...photo upate of your tank to my thread is requested.

Lol - pressure. I just did some rearrangement of my rocks. Split a few larger ones up and it is causing a red cyno type growth on a few of them. Also had to capture my Lavender Tang since it did not like a Copperband Butterfly my children bought for me on Fathers Day. So a bit of chaos but let me see what I can do. It isn't anything to write home about but yes. I can do that.

I probably should make an attempt to do a build thread. I'm considering taking mine down and making something smaller or at least the same size but easier to work on.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys, I think covid is all my fault! In January my work put up this huge banner that asked “What was the best part of 2019?” And there were permanent markers to write your response on the banner.
Having the year that I had, and being the smart aleck that I am, I wrote in bold print “THAT IT IS OVER” . I knew everyone who knew me would laugh and say “yeah, she is allowed to feel that way”
And then March 2020 came along...

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back