Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on placing the new LR in the 40B for observation?
I would definitely put it where you can access it easily to deal with hitchhikers. I think even a Rubbermaid bin would be fine, so long as you have heat, flow, etc.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely put it where you can access it easily to deal with hitchhikers. I think even a Rubbermaid bin would be fine, so long as you have heat, flow, etc.
That is great. Thank you for the input. Last time I had a deadly pistol shrimp in the 180 it about killed me taking the tank apart. He was a houdini.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2868.JPG

I am excited to share that I invested in a upgraded BRS 5 stage filter. It has plenty of bells and whistles. AND It has a water shut off valve!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to change the fishroom and roped my husband doing it for me. I would say we did it but I am just a helper and the idea gurl! He says I starting thinking and his back starts hurtin...lol! I am so excited for the next phase of my aquarium. I chose to have a counter height sump stand and work counter. I can store so much under it and I can roll my brute on wheels under it. And I can place my 10 gallon ATO under there too if I want. So many options now.
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
The occassional sump maintenance will be a challenge at that height, however I have step stools. ;)
There is much to do yet. Look at that mess of ro tubes!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2886.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG

It appears I need to complete some maintenance on my panworld pump...le sigh. Is the black saltcreep a concern? It makes me think there is a problem?

IMG_2888.JPG

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2896.JPG

It is hard to see in the pictures but the wood has all been primed and painted white. It looks nice and crisp.
IMG_2900.JPG

This is the view looking up the sump from the pump weir to the far end; the drain weir. It is very hard to go back into the sump to deepen the overflow teeth:) It was done so beautifully before but now...it is what it is. Justin had to fix my goofed up area and finish it for me. It just about killed him leaving the teeth less than perfect. lol.
IMG_2902.JPG

Look ma, I chipped a tooth! Making progress, but still much to do. I need to sand the grooves yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plumbing thru the crawl space is done. We left the fishroom plumbing for another day. We need to make a new crawl space access door, but we are done for today.
IMG_2926.JPG
You can see in the top left corner of the picture where the pipes enter the fishroom. The plumbing will all be over head and down to the sump in a neat and clean fashion. The opening in the corner of the access door used to allow the plumbing to run from the tank to the sump without cutting thru rafters. But it was not neat and easy on the eye. They also got in my way.
Still much to do but I am super psyched about all we got done today. A huge thank you to my husband for getting in there with spiders and dirty stuff. He is just the bestest!

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back