Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so happy you made some clarifying comments. See how a flow sheet like that one could be amazing? The if/then’s are mind boggling. :confused:;Wacky
I'm down to pretty much 3 options for fish I treat with copper. At the end of the 14 days I would do a FW dip to check for prazi resistant flukes and visually look for symptoms of a bacterial infection or internal parasites. If any of the 3 is concerning, move the fish to a clean QT. Otherwise, get them into an acclimation box in the DT. Or, as Lasse does and if your sump is set up for it, put them there for a few days.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im glad someone else mentioned stress as a cause for white stringy poop. I saw a single white stringy poop from my mag Foxface 6 hours after I moved her to DT (6 week QT- including prazipro, GC and medicated food) and was about to pull her back out for treatment when she did a normal poop right in front of me. I wrote about it in another thread suggesting it was a stress event but was told it MUST be intestinal parasites. Been 1.5 months, just that single event.

I don’t think it’s common, but it’s probably more likely to be stress than parasitic in a fish that’s been heavily treated enteric worms etc.

Just my thought.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am ok, thank you. I thinking looking at small
Screens for long periods of time following brain surgery contributed to my double vision. I am forcing myself to go do other stuff. I think it could be habituation, visual vestibular system dysfunction of some sort.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am ok, thank you. I thinking looking at small
Screens for long periods of time following brain surgery contributed to my double vision. I am forcing myself to go do other stuff. I think it could be habituation, visual vestibular system dysfunction of some sort.
Ok, go back to doing other stuff. Daily check in is complete :p

U

User1

View Badges
5Th QT set and ready to go. After the last failure I changed it back from fun and silly to practical. :rolleyes:
B7543CC0-9E4C-4E66-8FC7-2C10E1E14E6B.jpeg

You know...you could give a hamster some scuba diving gear and he or she would be right at home thinking the PVC was a habittrail :) At least that is what crossed my mind :)

Looks good though!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know...you could give a hamster some scuba diving gear and he or she would be right at home thinking the PVC was a habittrail :) At least that is what crossed my mind :)

Looks good though!
That is partly why I do not like using PVC. Just so unnatural looking!

Ok, go back to doing other stuff. Daily check in is complete :p

It is so very nice that someone noticed my absence. Thank you!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s temporary, functional and super easy to clean.

In QT, function > pretty.

Call me crazy, but I like the PVC look lol

Lol, me too actually

And considering the amount of plastic junk in the ocean, it’s not so unnatural anymore...
Where is the you crazy button! Making the QT tank attractive and fun helps me stay interested in the QT process. Did you see my old QT? It was obnoxious! I loved it. I hate stuff like that in a DT, but in my QT it makes me laugh inside. I was going to do a Disney themed QT soon. But no $$ for that with me off work. Sigh. Maybe I should build some fun PVC shapes to make it more interesting to me. I could totally get some Mickey Mouse shapes wirh all the circles. NEXT PROJECT! OMG! I am excited about this!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the you crazy button! Making the QT tank attractive and fun helps me stay interested in the QT process. Did you see my old QT? It was obnoxious! I loved it. I hate stuff like that in a DT, but in my QT it makes me laugh inside. I was going to do a Disney themed QT soon. But no $$ for that with me off work. Sigh. Maybe I should build some fun PVC shapes to make it more interesting to me. I could totally get some Mickey Mouse shapes wirh all the circles. NEXT PROJECT! OMG! I am excited about this!

The infection control expert in me had a mini stroke when I saw those pics, lol.

Healthy, well fed fish not interesting enough?

U

User1

View Badges
It’s temporary, functional and super easy to clean.

In QT, function > pretty.

Apologies to all if it sounded like I came across saying it was ugly. Was not my intent. For whatever reason when I saw the PVC layout my mind immediately connected it with a hamster's habittrail. No idea why since it has been 20+ years since any of my children even remotely had a hamster.

While I do not QT I do agree that it is temporary and needs to be functional which this covers and more. Again, didn't mean to say or allude otherwise.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies to all if it sounded like I came across saying it was ugly. Was not my intent. For whatever reason when I saw the PVC layout my mind immediately connected it with a hamster's habittrail. No idea why since it has been 20+ years since any of my children even remotely had a hamster.

While I do not QT I do agree that it is temporary and needs to be functional which this covers and more. Again, didn't mean to say or allude otherwise.

I didn’t take it that way. I was alluding more to Vic Ms previous attempts to make a more aesthetic QT by adding plastic plants and decorations.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a very small project in acrylic to share. I make an acrylic clip holder for the nori clip sold with a suction cup. Which fails. Magnets fail too. And you have to put your mitts in the tank right? This is an easy project for any one. That little blade is from Lowes with the sheets of glass and acrylic. Works perfectly with a straight edge. Sand the edges or use the flame. Warm and bend the acrylic. Drill a hole. Zip strip and done. This one is for Brian. In the mail tomorrow!

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a very small project in acrylic to share. I make an acrylic clip holder for the nori clip sold with a suction cup. Which fails. Magnets fail too. And you have to put your mitts in the tank right? This is an easy project for any one. That little blade is from Lowes with the sheets of glass and acrylic. Works perfectly with a straight edge. Sand the edges or use the flame. Warm and bend the acrylic. Drill a hole. Zip strip and done. This one is for Brian. In the mail tomorrow!

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

That’s brilliant!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been able to train these fish to eat nori from the clip. ;Meh They will eat from a PVC piece with nori rubber banded to it! ;BoredUgh. But fishing it out is getting old. So I made a ridiculously long thingy without a clip and have used a rubber band. Kinda sorta like a rubber band around the PVC they will eat from. They wont go near it. ;Shifty So tonight I just let the whole thing go in the water. They are eating the nori! Now to just slowly get it where I want it!
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG

Can you see it? It was rather challenging to get the photo of it. ;Bucktooth

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I didn’t take it that way. I was alluding more to Vic Ms previous attempts to make a more aesthetic QT by adding plastic plants and decorations.
Listen fellas hot pink flowing fake plants and psychedelic mushrooms with raging monsters with a purple & pink sky in the background is the most important part of a QT. We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Back