OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4123.JPG IMG_4124.JPG IMG_4125.JPG IMG_4126.JPG IMG_4127.JPG IMG_4129.JPG IMG_4130.JPG IMG_4131.JPG

Just a few shotty Phone pics to show all the growth happening!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy striped fish at the top is a bicolor blenny. He lost his stripes the second he went into the QT. The guy at the bottom left is a molly miller blenny. I am so happy to be stocking my tank again. :) more pictures to come.
IMG_4120.JPG IMG_4121.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the fish we hope to have

1pink streaked wrasse
1 Convict tang,
1 watanabei Angel
:) Lamarck Angel
:) 1 yellow eyed kole tang,
1 Purple tang *
1 yellow wrasse
:) 1 starry blennie,
:) 1 yellow tail damsel
1 yellow watchman goby
:) 1 red hawkfish,
:) bicolorblenny
:) molly miller blenny

:) pair of clown fish
:) school of azure damsels
Pair of green mandarin dragonets

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy striped fish at the top is a bicolor blenny. He kost his stripes the second he went into the QT. The guy at the bottom left is a molly miller blenny. I am so happy to be stocking my tank again. :) more pictures to come.
IMG_4120.JPG IMG_4121.JPG
I'm happy you are stocking your tank, too!

Happy enough that it inspired me to take a photo sitting in my chair by the tank. This is what I see when I look to the left.
DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks beautiful! The corals and fish are doing well.

We now have only 4 H. Chrysus.
The fifth jumped out of a small gap between the front of the HOB filter and the glass top during an on/off/on/off power outage. Lighting strike somewhere nearby. :-(

U

User1

View Badges
4, was 5. #5 jumped out last week. :-(

Feel guilty liking this (due to the fish jumping) - sorry for the jumper but wanted to say thanks posting. I just saw you also answer above, sorry for asking again. Lots of activity with them color, speed, etc. Never really thought of adding that many. Something I may have to copy if you don't mind :) Still torn between my lots of damsels, royal gramma's, and assessors but your video with those may make me pause a bit.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel guilty liking this (due to the fish jumping) - sorry for the jumper but wanted to say thanks posting. I just saw you also answer above, sorry for asking again. Lots of activity with them color, speed, etc. Never really thought of adding that many. Something I may have to copy if you don't mind :) Still torn between my lots of damsels, royal gramma's, and assessors but your video with those may make me pause a bit.
No worries. :)

I copied it from @Lasse. You need to see his tank if you haven't already! Amazing.

They are beautiful and the highlight of the tank!

Miss #5.

Get them as small and young as possible. Ours were .75" to 1.25".
They are fine right now bit Wrasse experts say that it will stop working when the 2nd wrasse turns male. :-(
I will need to separate them before they kill each other!

The royal gramma harem was fine until I added more fish to the tank. They get 'pushed back' the same way the banghia cardinals did in a crowded tank.
Out of 7, still have 3 grammas easily visible poking out of the rocks. 4th rarely. Other three could be hiding still. I feed heavily and let it drift around the tank just in case. :-/

Tired of the chromis/damsels dropping to 1 over time.

Figured at least the Grammas would be a possibility of a group in a large enough tank. They school by the hundreds hiding under a ledge in nature.

The wrasse were added 2 months after the Grammas and had a very negative effect on the Grammas visibility.

5-6 Grammas were out regularly before the wrasse were added.

The day the wrasse were added the 7th gramma popped out of the rock work for an hour.
1st time in a month I counted all 7 at once. Also the last time. :-/

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...&share_tid=392550&share_fid=1020&share_type=t

For the harem thread.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are fine right now bit Wrasse experts say that it will stop working when the 2nd wrasse turns male. :-(
I will need to separate them before they kill each other!

My have been in the tank for 2,5 years without any problems but it is true that they will supress other fishes. In my tank it is my possum wrasses that not show up very often when the yellow wrasses are awake.

Sincerely Lasse

Back