OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 I finally remembered to read your article on ground probes. Nice article. Is there is one you recommend?

And to check my skimmer pump...
Use a bucket of water, the ground probe in the water with the pump and then plug in the skimmer pump. If the GFCI trips the pump is bad?
Poke! @Brew12 I am looking at Amazon probes. Will that be ok?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! My son just took a couple cell phone pics for me, but cropping it made it look a little better. I wish I could eliminate that white glare that shows up in photos.
I tried in Photoshop. It it is still a bit glowie top right, but the Euphyllia came out with better detail.
7EE7224F-325E-4F0E-8480-3D749505A6D0.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poke! @Brew12 I am looking at Amazon probes. Will that be ok?
Yup! Because of a lot of the misinformation on ground probes many fish stores don't carry them so amazon is probably your best option.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 I finally remembered to read your article on ground probes. Nice article. Is there is one you recommend?

And to check my skimmer pump...
Use a bucket of water, the ground probe in the water with the pump and then plug in the skimmer pump. If the GFCI trips the pump is bad?
Yup, that is correct.

And sorry.... I've been busy. We have had the mill down for the last 8 days so I've been supervising maintenance in the substation. Today is a little slower since equipment is coming online so no more power outages but tomorrow will be busy as I help work out any bugs from being down so long. These 14 hour days are getting old! Or maybe I'm getting too old for these 14 hour days... and the heat hasn't helped.
1568644413243.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, wow. I am so glad you shared these pictures so I could really see what you do. That is crazy! This is the one you are rebuilding?
The first picture I took from the manlift doing a close out inspection to make sure the a transformer was reassembled correctly.
The second picture is of a similar transformer that they are disconnecting the cables from for testing. We didn't rebuild anything this outage. For these transformers, they would need to be shipped off site for rebuilding and it takes over a year.

The third picture is a crew cleaning harmonic filter components and testing capacitors so I can determine if they need to be re-balanced.

Most of what I handle during these outages are either major switchgear upgrades or equipment testing so I can analyze the data to see what kind of condition it is in.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture I took from the manlift doing a close out inspection to make sure the a transformer was reassembled correctly.
The second picture is of a similar transformer that they are disconnecting the cables from for testing. We didn't rebuild anything this outage. For these transformers, they would need to be shipped off site for rebuilding and it takes over a year.

The third picture is a crew cleaning harmonic filter components and testing capacitors so I can determine if they need to be re-balanced.

Most of what I handle during these outages are either major switchgear upgrades or equipment testing so I can analyze the data to see what kind of condition it is in.
Thank you for sharing that! It seems that you enjoy your job.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am really sick. The MRI of my head shows I have swelling, and free fluid through all my sinuses, mastoids and ears. And blocked passageways. Explains the vertigo. I am on steroids which make me crazy and a new antibiotic. Which always scares me due to allergic reactions to drugs. Ugh.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am really sick. The MRI of my head shows I have swelling, and free fluid through all my sinuses, mastoids and ears. And blocked passageways. Explains the vertigo. I am on steroids which make me crazy and a new antibiotic. Which always scares me due to allergic reactions to drugs. Ugh.
I'm sorry to see this. :( Hopefully this will get you fixed up quickly and you can stop blaming MACNA carpeting! ;)

U

User1

View Badges
They can be skittish for a while till they get they get used to area and find themselves a good sleep spot/ hiding spot. He’ll be cool with some time. I love when mine eats from my hand now that he’s comfortable they are awesome fish

Agreed. I've had mine now for a few months in the display and he or she is still a bit of a shy bugger. Will come out to the algae clip after I place it and stand still for a few minutes and eat in front of me. So getting there.

It also has a bit of stalker in it. I'll see it eye balling me while it rests in between a rock with some paly's and cave opening.

U

User1

View Badges

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better.

Steroids and me do not go well either. My better half can't keep enough ice cream in the house. dang things make me so darn hungry...

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better.

Steroids and me do not go well either. My better half can't keep enough ice cream in the house. dang things make me so darn hungry...
They make me hungry and mean. A little psycho even.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks Brian, and yes it is weird! LOL. We seem to be in good company as it seems @saf1 would hang out too!

But of course ;) Let us see:

1. Nurse? Check
2. Disney fan? Check
3. Amazing person? Check
4. Adverse reaction to Steroids? Check :D

I just had an injection into my hip last week. Steroid for which I forget the name but as the doc was administering it I was like, "HEY DOC"! "WAIT"!

He looked at me and said yes? I asked and said is this going to make me super hungry like when I take a burst of prednisone and he just chuckled and then proceeded to jab the needle thingy into my hip for which I felt every inch fracking inch of it even though he said I wouldn't...

Anyway of course I'd hang out :)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just rereading my entries from early/mid August trying to remember when I put Mr. Focface in the UV QT, and reading about how excited I was to go to MACNA and Disney. I have been so sick since we got home from Disney. I spent a night in the hospital last week. I have not been able to get off the couch for days. Who knew ear and sinus infection could mess you up so bad. Monday I started a new antibiotic and steroids. I think I already mentioned that. Today I am a hair better. I will have to focus on that. I have spent the last two days feeling sorry for myself. Time to suck it up buttercup.

Back