Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just rereading my entries from early/mid August trying to remember when I put Mr. Focface in the UV QT, and reading about how excited I was to go to MACNA and Disney. I have been so sick since we got home from Disney. I spent a night in the hospital last week. I have not been able to get off the couch for days. Who knew ear and sinus infection could mess you up so bad. Monday I started a new antibiotic and steroids. I think I already mentioned that. Today I am a hair better. I will have to focus on that. I have spent the last two days feeling sorry for myself. Time to suck it up buttercup.

Big Simon hugs winging their way! :)

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am really sick. The MRI of my head shows I have swelling, and free fluid through all my sinuses, mastoids and ears. And blocked passageways. Explains the vertigo. I am on steroids which make me crazy and a new antibiotic. Which always scares me due to allergic reactions to drugs. Ugh.

Sorry to hear and hope you are feeling better soon! I can not do the steroids either. I use to have chronic sinus infections. Had sinus surgery and no more infections going on 18 years now!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear and hope you are feeling better soon! I can not do the steroids either. I use to have chronic sinus infections. Had sinus surgery and no more infections going on 18 years now!
So happy to hear from you!
I must confess 2 ENT said surgery is what is needed. If only surgery did not always go so poorly for me.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must confess 2 ENT said surgery is what is needed. If only surgery did not always go so poorly for me.

I'm not going to lie to you about it, sinus surgery is not fun at all. Painful and had to sleep sitting up (which I can not do)and breathe through your mouth for several days while the cotton pads are stuffed up your nose. But in the end I was so glad I had it done!! You should think about it.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Simon. That is very sweet of you. A photo would help too? :)

The fire at the heart of a Simon hug! :)

DSC_0582 (1024x683).jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. :(

My son has had 5 sinus surgery's at this point. I guess compared to other surgeries it isn't the worst but it sure isn't much fun. Any idea when you will be getting it done?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get better...your patients need you!

You could shop for a new nose like my high school roommate did if you get the surgery! We teased him about his cute little ski jump nose after surgery. He actually did look much better you just have to understand high school guys are brutal when it comes to living together!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. :(

My son has had 5 sinus surgery's at this point. I guess compared to other surgeries it isn't the worst but it sure isn't much fun. Any idea when you will be getting it done?
Ha! Not anytime soon is what I used to say...
Your poor son! That is tough. Why so many sinus surgeries?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get better...your patients need you!

You could shop for a new nose like my high school roommate did if you get the surgery! We teased him about his cute little ski jump nose after surgery. He actually did look much better you just have to understand high school guys are brutal when it comes to living together!
no new nose for me. I have learned to love my crooked Native America nose aesthetically at least. And that is just more work and broken bones during surgery. I may change my tune about fixing my broken septum if this becomes a regular part of my life.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK WET : 14 MONTHS
ROCKS WET : 16 MONTHS
5TH QT : 5 WEEKS

I just received all the things I need to try this elegance corals method for dinos. I still have some amphidinium patches that wax and wane on the sand. I will update my thread and that thread.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Not anytime soon is what I used to say...
Your poor son! That is tough. Why so many sinus surgeries?
Really bad allergies, not following doctors orders for flushing his nose, and genetically tiny sinus openings. I blame his mother. ;) :p

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK WET : 14 MONTHS
ROCKS WET : 16 MONTHS
5TH QT : 5 WEEKS

I just received all the things I need to try this elegance corals method for dinos. I still have some amphidinium patches that wax and wane on the sand. I will update my thread and that thread.
Braver than I. Make sure your o2 sat is in point. Wooden air stone is best- you need fine misting microbubbles. Can’t overdo it so more is better.

You can even flood your skimmer and take the top off so it’s making bubbles via the Venturi, but not making foam. It will add o2, but won’t remove bacteria

Any induced bacterial bloom is going to consume a lot of O2.

Best of luck- I’m rooting for you, but I can’t say I’m entirely sure about the safety aspect of this approach.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Braver than I. Make sure your o2 sat is in point. Wooden air stone is best- you need fine misting microbubbles. Can’t overdo it so more is better.

You can even flood your skimmer and take the top off so it’s making bubbles via the Venturi, but not making foam. It will add o2, but won’t remove bacteria

Any induced bacterial bloom is going to consume a lot of O2.

Best of luck- I’m rooting for you, but I can’t say I’m entirely sure about the safety aspect of this approach.
Agreed. I am going to watch it closely.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71
There is a lot of nonsense back and forth...as per usually in these threads at times. I am sure Dr. Reef would be happy to share a brief synopsis. I do wonder if he ever wrote an article outlining his findings I know there was another thread using some monitor for an additional study.

Back