Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you are feeling better!
Thank you. Vertigo and headaches persist but man, I have never been so ill. I think it will be a a few more days till I am 100%. I am trying to be more objective about how I "feel". Ever since I had complications with several surgeries I seem to always despair when I don't feel well, if it is more than a cold. I have had some doozies but I want to not feel so emotionally thrown for a loop by an illness. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
I am also getting quite a bit of hair algae in crooks and crannies. It looks like little green trolls are hiding in there. I hope MR.FOXFACE helps with this.

If not I can vouch for Scopus and Lavender tangs :) Mine eat GHA as if they are skittles. Of course you need to review your stocking list because once you add the Scopus, well, no more similar family tangs. Lavender, I'm not sure yet. Mine seems pretty chill. My Foxface though - snubs his/her nose at it and will only eat what I add to the tank.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not I can vouch for Scopus and Lavender tangs :) Mine eat GHA as if they are skittles. Of course you need to review your stocking list because once you add the Scopus, well, no more similar family tangs. Lavender, I'm not sure yet. Mine seems pretty chill. My Foxface though - snubs his/her nose at it and will only eat what I add to the tank.
The boys want a tang such as a scopas or a different kinda of bristlemouth tang. But we will see. I just hear such bad things about scopas tangs.

U

User1

View Badges
The boys want a tang such as a scopas or a different kinda of bristlemouth tang. But we will see. I just hear such bad things about scopas tangs.

Mine is, well, interesting :) I was going to say a jerk but that isn't fair really. He or she is a bit of a bully though towards my Lavender tang at times but it doesn't care. Just goes about its business. That fella though, the lavender, is just a work horse.

I like bristletooths - Kole is probably my favorite. I was thinking of getting one earlier or a purple tang which I really like. Ended up with the Lt. Tang instead. Over the course of the year it went from 3 inches to 8 inches in my tank. Grew fast. Sadly woke up one morning at it was dead. No sign of anything so no idea what happened.

If you do go with a bristletooth - get it before anything else as you probably already know.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a crazy interesting behavior of a giant turbo snail tonight. This guy is about the size of a clemintine. I manually removed some tufts of hair algae and scrubbed a few areas too. This snail was zooming around the tank to all the areas I scrubbed. He went over each area. ;Woot

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is, well, interesting :) I was going to say a jerk but that isn't fair really. He or she is a bit of a bully though towards my Lavender tang at times but it doesn't care. Just goes about its business. That fella though, the lavender, is just a work horse.

I like bristletooths - Kole is probably my favorite. I was thinking of getting one earlier or a purple tang which I really like. Ended up with the Lt. Tang instead. Over the course of the year it went from 3 inches to 8 inches in my tank. Grew fast. Sadly woke up one morning at it was dead. No sign of anything so no idea what happened.

If you do go with a bristletooth - get it before anything else as you probably already know.
You know you probably answered the mystery of what happened. The scopas tang. We have a yellow eyed kole tang so I want to be careful of additional tangs. Although the kole has settled down recently he was spycho for awhile. I had to put up a mirror for several weeks.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hear such bad things about scopas tangs.

"I heard that!" ;)

DSC_0328 (1024x694).jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a crazy interesting behavior of a giant turbo snail tonight. This guy is about the size of a clemintine. I manually removed some tufts of hair algae and scrubbed a few areas too. This snail was zooming around the tank to all the areas I scrubbed. He went over each area. ;Woot
He just wants to feel close to you I am sure. ;Woot

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have shared the light schedule changes I have made, and I said I was going to monitor it for a while before making any changes. But the corals are stretching out. I changed my schedule back to a high as possible for most channels with a 4 hour hour peak. I swear they looked less stretched out within a couple hours.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My fish will do this too.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Foxface has totally put on weight in the last two weeks, atleast to my eye. Looking at him from top down he has got some fullness to him now. We did 1 round of GC in the water and it took him a couple days to return to eating like a glutton again. Not sure I want to repeat it. ;Bored My 17 year old had to coax him to eat. Tonight I will see if the fam agrees that he looks more plump. He graduates to the DT any day now!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Foxface has totally put on weight in the last two weeks, atleast to my eye. Looking at him from top down he has got some fullness to him now. We did 1 round of GC in the water and it took him a couple days to return to eating like a glutton again. Not sure I want to repeat it. ;Bored My 17 year old had to coax him to eat. Tonight I will see if the fam agrees that he looks more plump. He graduates to the DT any day now!
Love it.

Such a beautiful fish. Michael J Foxface remains my favourite

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have read me asking the question in Brew's thread. Anyway driver hit a power line last weekend. Started a fire, lost power, another line went down, and either before or after power was restored, we are still not clear which, something on their end failed sending 3 times the normal power into our neighborhood. Needless to say a lot of people lost appliances and other things. Our house we are either replacing or fixing 2 refrigerators, dishwasher, toaster, tea pot, HVAC thermostat, replaced HVAC board, and to be determined solar invert or panels or both. That thing blew a capacitor and actually almost started a fire...

We got hit pretty hard but others in the neighborhood also lost their TV's, washer, dryer, etc. Some homes are fine, others not. Trying to see if it may be those with vs. without solar and what solar company. I was lucky that the neptune energy bar did whatever it is supposed to with the breaker otherwise that stuff would have been also added.

Sorry flips - didn't meant to steal bandwidth in your thread. I really need to start my own build thread but I was passing by and commenting... Love the updates BTW :D
Yes a thread is so easy to start. :)
So what is the solar part for?

U

User1

View Badges
Yes a thread is so easy to start. :)
So what is the solar part for?

Our home has solar power. It isn't really related to the tank but it was related to the power outage. A lot of the community lost appliances due to the surge and several of us are wondering if the homes that didn't have issues do not have solar. Or if they have solar from a different company. Our invert made several loud pop sounds. I went out into the garage and saw sparks and a flash of light. Smelled burnt electronics. Neighbor has a different solar company and didn't have any issues. So just made a few of us wonder.

I think I was just replying to the post above mine when she said backups. I use the same pumps for skimmer and return. Easy to take a skimmer offline if my return pump goes down. I have 2 return pumps so I just figured I'd use a Cor 20 which does not use the 1 link system just in case. Well, this weekend it worked because the 1 link in the energy bar tripped the fuse or whatever it does to protect it and the pumps went offline. The Cor 20 still worked which gave me time to examine the rest of the house and come back to the tank later.

Apologies if it sounded different. I have not been clear lately as a co-worker kindly pointed out to me today.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back