OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Victoria M Waaaas up? Love the black socks story. You should be getting thank yous now they have socks for more formal occasions :)
Stand looks stellar btw. How goes it with your physical (terrorist) therapist?
Thank you. I love the stand. I am getting a empathy (weird for a PT right?) which goes a long way with me. turns out you can have vertigo by several dysfunctional pathways. I am having vestibular migraine, visual vertigo and cervical vertigo. Have I already told you guys this?
So @Brew12 the carpet at MACNA was giving me vertigo. Weird huh?
I have started Trokendi XR (topamax) to treat the most easily treated vertigo. Vestibular Migraine. Treated with daily medication. Tomorrow I am starting a higher dose.
I am still having way more bad days than good days and I am still emotional and overwhelmed on those days. On the good days I am almost giddy with excitement and happiness. It is such a roller coaster.

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I love the stand. I am getting a empathy (weird for a PT right?) which goes a long way with me. turns out you can have vertigo by several dysfunctional pathways. I am having vestibular migraine, visual vertigo and cervical migraine. Have I already told you guys this?
So @Brew12 the carpet at MACNA was giving me vertigo. Weird huh?
I have started Topamax XR to treat the most easily treated vertigo. Vestibular Migraine. Treated with daily medication. Tomorrow I am starting a higher dose.
I am still having way more bad days than good days and I am still emotional and overwhelmed on those days. On the good days I am almost giddy with excitement and happiness. It is such a roller coaster.
Bummer Victoria...I hoped you were past all the medical stuff and back to work. Is there any possibility of some relationship to your past medical experience?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer Victoria...I hoped you were past all the medical stuff and back to work. Is there any possibility of some relationship to your past medical experience?
Nobody thinks that but maybe I need to see someone else. This past week I was having terrible burning pins and needles in my arms and legs. Last night I realised it is the Topamax.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody thinks that but maybe I need to see someone else. This past week I was having terrible burning pins and needles in my arms and legs. Last night I realised it is the Topamax.
OMG! I was on Topamax for my seizures years ago -- terrible stuff. Although, pretty much anything that is used to control electrical patterns in the brain is awful. I have a thousand things to say about the last few posts. Hang in there -- you know this will improve. Think of it like a reef tank -- you have to wait for it to be beautiful. (Like how I threw a reef metaphor in there? ;) )

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I was on Topamax for my seizures years ago -- terrible stuff. Although, pretty much anything that is used to control electrical patterns in the brain is awful. I have a thousand things to say about the last few posts. Hang in there -- you know this will improve. Think of it like a reef tank -- you have to wait for it to be beautiful. (Like how I threw a reef metaphor in there? ;) )
The physical therapist I am seeing said that the 3 woman she treated who ended up being diagnosed with vestibulat migraine all took topamax and got better. I know I am sensitive to medications. I dont know what to do.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The physical therapist I am seeing said that the 3 woman she treated who ended up being diagnosed with vestibulat migraine all took topamax and got better. I know I am sensitive to medications. I dont know what to do.
To quote Shakespeare: "There's the rub." But there is a solution out there -- and technically, it hasn't been that long since your surgery (sexy scar and all). If you aren't happy with your PT or neurologist, I'd switch.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! And a few gals! I made some progress on painting my stand.
IMG_4726.JPG

Stand looks amazing! I can’t get away with doing projects in the kitchen, I always get yelled at.. lol. Hope your feeling better soon..

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks amazing! I can’t get away with doing projects in the kitchen, I always get yelled at.. lol. Hope your feeling better soon..
Well, I did not get yelled at exactly...but there were some choice words said to me...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I did not get yelled at exactly...but there were some choice words said to me...
Such as the stand looking lovely? Or that the unique method of making artistically black socks was wonderful?

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SkiCatTX I took it too far. I spray painted the back of the tanks. I made a mini paint booth but the paint fog landed on the floor and the table. Everybodies socks turned black. ;Facepalm and I got caught.
Doh, that’s what would have happened to me! Totally... lol...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back