Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink streaked wrasse, yellow wrasse, orange spot rabbit, lamarcks angel...any 2-3 of those would be great.
I love my yellow wrasse! They are incredible!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jerry, my old friend! I am doing better. I can function now most of the time. I am happy you dropped by to catch up. Do you ever go to the cottage in winter for snow mobiling?

Good to hear that you are mostly functional; fully functional would be even nicer. I don't have a sled, but I do go up for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear that you are mostly functional; fully functional would be even nicer. I don't have a sled, but I do go up for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
that sounds lovely. So do you just rough it with no water or is it still running? I would love to go snowmobiling this winter. my most reluctant teenager just said yesterday he thought it would be interesting. So I told my husband "that is my in". He will grumble but I think he would love it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds lovely. So do you just rough it with no water or is it still running? I would love to go snowmobiling this winter. my most reluctant teenager just said yesterday he thought it would be interesting. So I told my husband "that is my in". He will grumble but I think he would love it.
I hope you can take advantage of your "in"! Selling my 2 sleds was tough when I moved from NY to Alabama. I still regret selling them when I could have taken them up to my mom's in Wisconsin instead.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I rough it, the water has been off for a couple of weeks. I either chop a hole in the ice or take a walk to a nearby creek that usually has some open water. I've got 5 cords of firewood split and ready to keep me warm. :)
I've been looking at getting a sled to save me the long walk or ski into and out of the cabin (it's uphill both ways)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rough it, the water has been off for a couple of weeks. I either chop a hole in the ice or take a walk to a nearby creek that usually has some open water. I've got 5 cords of firewood split and ready to keep me warm. :)
I've been looking at getting a sled to save me the long walk or ski into and out of the cabin (it's uphill both ways)
Oh my gosh that sounds magical!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can take advantage of your "in"! Selling my 2 sleds was tough when I moved from NY to Alabama. I still regret selling them when I could have taken them up to my mom's in Wisconsin instead.

Alabama is a long way from Wisconsisn. But up in mid MI you can rent snowmobiles. That is my plan. I would think you can in Wisconsin too?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alabama is a long way from Wisconsisn. But up in mid MI you can rent snowmobiles. That is my plan. I would think you can in Wisconsin too?
It is, but my brother and sister both live in Wisconsin and my mom lives in Minnesota near the Wisconsin border. I really should do better about making it up there more.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, but my brother and sister both live in Wisconsin and my mom lives in Minnesota near the Wisconsin border. I really should do better about making it up there more.
do any of them go snowmobiling? it is so cold up there, your face would probably freeze off! I have this amazing Klime face mask/balaklava to wear under my helmet, but a winter helmet would be better.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on up. It's only 889 miles from downtown Sylvania to the cabin.
you might regret offering. My middle son has a fascination with you Canadian and he wants to meet them to see if they really talk about moose and say "eh" all the time. One of his best buddies is canadian and his mom and dad, and grandparents "sound canadian" LOL

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Brew it might be time to change your avatar.
Have you heard pyramid butterflys are difficult? Simon has kept them but in a very large tank. the guy I have been shopping with says they are delicate and even wonders if they should be removed from the ocean? So that gives me serious pause, and I might be amending my list even more.

He also has a swallowtail angel male that is beautiful, that made me rethink my larmarks angel plan. But I really want a well marked Lamarks female. I think...lol.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might regret offering. My middle son has a fascination with you Canadian and he wants to meet them to see if they really talk about moose and say "eh" all the time. One of his best buddies is canadian and his mom and dad, and grandparents "sound canadian" LOL

Any time kiddo, any time, Eh!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do any of them go snowmobiling? it is so cold up there, your face would probably freeze off! I have this amazing Klime face mask/balaklava to wear under my helmet, but a winter helmet would be better.
They don't snowmobile. It does get cold, but it's not as bad as the reputation it has. Some days are brutally cold but there are plenty of reasonable winter days, also.
I used to have a heated helmet with the electric defogger along with plug in gloves. That was plenty even on the coldest days. I very rarely wore them.

hey Brew it might be time to change your avatar.
Have you heard pyramid butterflys are difficult? Simon has kept them but in a very large tank. the guy I have been shopping with says they are delicate and even wonders if they should be removed from the ocean? So that gives me serious pause, and I might be amending my list even more.

He also has a swallowtail angel male that is beautiful, that made me rethink my larmarks angel plan. But I really want a well marked Lamarks female. I think...lol.
I had heard just the opposite, I was under the impression they were relatively easy. Not to mention that they are one of the few reef safe butterflies.

Am I not supposed to have a fish emeritus as an avatar? I loved that little tang.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my most reluctant teenager just said yesterday he thought it would be interesting. So I told my husband "that is my in". He will grumble but I think he would love it.
I found this hilarious because this describes both my boys exactly. ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't snowmobile. It does get cold, but it's not as bad as the reputation it has. Some days are brutally cold but there are plenty of reasonable winter days, also.
I used to have a heated helmet with the electric defogger along with plug in gloves. That was plenty even on the coldest days. I very rarely wore them.

I had heard just the opposite, I was under the impression they were relatively easy. Not to mention that they are one of the few reef safe butterflies.

Am I not supposed to have a fish emeritus as an avatar? I loved that little tang.
yes, I love that fish too. Yeah, you should keep, in honor of the pretty fella.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back