Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK SET UP : 4 MONTHS
ROCKS WET : 7 MONTHS
THIRD QT : 2 WEEKS

MOST RECENT FTS
IMG_3659.JPG

Hey folks, how do you bring home lifestock from a fish store?

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges

MOST RECENT FTS
IMG_3659.JPG

Seems our tanks are on a similar trajectory. Started my rocks in February, fishless cycle in March, cycle complete in April. April 15th lights, skimmer, powered up and moved over my 40 breeder. Tank has been maturing since then which brings me to right about 8 months. And looking at your FTS mine looks similar.

BTW I use whatever the store I purchase from uses which is a bag - similar to online retail.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems our tanks are on a similar trajectory. Started my rocks in February, fishless cycle in March, cycle complete in April. April 15th lights, skimmer, powered up and moved over my 40 breeder. Tank has been maturing since then which brings me to right about 8 months. And looking at your FTS mine looks similar.

BTW I use whatever the store I purchase from uses which is a bag - similar to online retail.
Going S L O W too? they say slow is good, but looking at plain white rock is kinda getting painful!
Thank you for answering! no cooler?

U

User1

View Badges
Going S L O W too? they say slow is good, but looking at plain white rock is kinda getting painful!
Thank you for answering! no cooler?

Yeah - I'm slow. Not sure what my hang up is really. Well, I do. I'm not going to lie. I'm just an unorganized fella in the end and have too many unfinished projects which then make me feel overwhelmed.

No, no cooler. Honestly, I've never thought of it. There is really only one store in town that I will buy fish from oddly enough and that is pretty close to me. Everything else is mail ordered believe it or not. I should say with my previous tank. I have only bought a couple fish since I've upgraded. Funny thing is that while upgrading to a larger tank sounds fun, and I'm sure it is to 99% of the people, there are a lot of things I never really thought of. Like filling it with coral and fish!!! :D

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MOST RECENT FTS
IMG_3659.JPG

I usually do bring a cooler with me. I brought buckets with covers when I bought live rock. I sometimes take the train to Manhattan (hate driving in the city) to go to a fish store and I will definitely bring a cooler for that.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - I really haven't thought about it to be honest. But see my post above - it gets back to that unorganized thing. Maybe if I can finish the canopy and the stands wood skin I can maybe do that. To be honest it is not very appealing to look at. But thank you for asking and thinking it may be worthy.
Sharing each step of the way is the fun part. Not just showing off a completed project. Think about it.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Sharing each step if the way is the fun part. Not just showing off a completed project. Think about it.

True, it is. When I first read this one of my nieces comments rang through my head - sharing is caring Uncle Scott! But yes, you have a great point. I'll think about it. I really don't want to be someone that creates something then leaves people hanging. I always admire those who update a couple times a week. BTW I don't think I mentioned it - nice cabinetry.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, it is. When I first read this one of my nieces comments rang through my head - sharing is caring Uncle Scott! But yes, you have a great point. I'll think about it. I really don't want to be someone that creates something then leaves people hanging. I always admire those who update a couple times a week. BTW I don't think I mentioned it - nice cabinetry.
Thank you. My husband built it. I am a lucky gal.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The devil is in the details. This is exactly how I learn. Very nice for folks too shy to ask.
So true. Also it keeps you from being lazy. lol. You won't give up because folks are going to zing you bad! lol.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true. Also it keeps you from being lazy. lol. You won't give up because folks are going to zing you bad! lol.

The devil is in the details. This is exactly how I learn. Very nice for folks too shy to ask.

This is the truth on learning.
My laziness hasn’t been my problem for a change with my tank. It’s more life had a change of plans for a while.

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing each step of the way is the fun part. Not just showing off a completed project. Think about it.
Absolutely concur with @Victoria M on this. I would say the majority of what I learned is from reading others' journeys, looking at what they've done, what cool way they've figured out how to solve a similar problem to mine. And it's great to see the progress as things come together. I love seeing people's progress, yes , even the good and the bad. Just my $.02

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build threads are my absolute favorites .... particularly when they stretch out for years (I like and appreciate perseverance) and you can see progression. Agree on the slick cabinetry. I’m a pretty good woodworker and arched rail and stile doors are tricky.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build threads are my absolute favorites .... particularly when they stretch out for years (I like and appreciate perseverance) and you can see progression. Agree on the slick cabinetry. I’m a pretty good woodworker and arched rail and stile doors are tricky.
We ordered the doors from the cabinet company that did our kitchen. He did not do that part of the woodwork. I have mentioned it before but folks always miss that part. :) He is not a master woodworker, just a jack of all trades.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back