OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested the phosphorous with my new ULR Meter today. The reading was 26 ppb. Pretty cool I think.
I am pretty frustrated with the noise of the over flow. It is so much louder than it used to be. Between the pipes being so clean and the pump being rejuvenated by vinegar it is too much flow to be quiet. Gonna try to build an acrylic cover soon.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember when I said I am not enjoying my water change station? I think a lot of it has to do with the pump I am using. The Ehein 1262 is just so powerful, too powerful probably, and the hose is so stiff and unwieldy. On the other the the MJ1200 is too wimpy. Might just need a new pump and hose to fix this issue. Been amazon shopping. Any suggestions would be great.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yes something just like that.
I got so much done today. I was migraine free and I had so much fun on my day off working on my fishroom and my aquarium. I built a 4” tall wall around my overflow to prevent salt creep from hitting the wall. I rerouted the light wires to be neater. I move the power head down in the tank more mid level and put it more on the rocks directly. I will have to monitor that. I placed the tunze back in the tank on the other side of the reef power, so now there is a power head on opposing sides of the tank. I zip tied and velcrowed the wires in the sump area to be neater and bundled. Changed out the filter sock. Yuck. Cleaned the skimmer cup. Yuck.
Picked up the whole house. Did 1 load of laundry. I forgot what it feels like to be headache free.

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got so much done today. I was migraine free and I had so much fun on my day off working on my fishroom and my aquarium. I built a 4” tall wall around my overflow to prevent salt creep from hitting the wall. I rerouted the light wires to be neater. I move the power head down in the tank more mid level and put it more on the rocks directly. I will have to monitor that. I placed the tunes back in the tank on the other side of the tank, so now there is a power head on opposing sides of the tank. I zip tied and velcrowed the wires in the sump area to be neater and bundled. Changed out the filter sock. Yuck. Cleaned the skimmer cup. Yuck.
Picked up the whole house. Did 1 load of laundry. I forgot what it feels like to be headache free.

Impressive. Glad you were feeling well.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Victoria!!

I’m working my way through this thread, think it’s awesome, but I was hoping somewhere in here there is some detail on the cabinet build.

I know your husband built it, and used pre-made doors— this is the same route I’m planning to take. Is there any chance you have any details of the cabinet framing and how it attached to the walls? I’m assuming it’s mostly empty space behind the panels and they attach to a face-frame, since real cabinet boxes would impede access?

Thanks for any info!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kids fried my computer that had my whole thread build on it, and then 2 days later we found out they also dropped the hard drive we had as back up. Years of aquarium photos, umm, I mean, childhood photos, just gone! GONE! And then the local club I made my original thread build closed down. And then photobucket went nuts. So I have very few photos. I will hunt for some. I think I have like three or four.

U

User1

View Badges
Remember when I said I am not enjoying my water change station? I think a lot of it has to do with the pump I am using. The Ehein 1262 is just so powerful, too powerful probably, and the hose is so stiff and unwieldy. On the other the the MJ1200 is too wimpy. Might just need a new pump and hose to fix this issue. Been amazon shopping. Any suggestions would be great.

I've been banned from Amazon in our house :( Heck, even my GSD has been banned - she ordered what must have been a box of her favorite toy - Kong Air Squeakair tennis balls. I guess she heard through the grapevine or whatever dogs use these days that they are discontinuing or sold out of the 9 packs so bought whatever was left... Oh well, we are both banished until after the first of the year.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been banned from Amazon in our house :( Heck, even my GSD has been banned - she ordered what must have been a box of her favorite toy - Kong Air Squeakair tennis balls. I guess she heard through the grapevine or whatever dogs use these days that they are discontinuing or sold out of the 9 packs so bought whatever was left... Oh well, we are both banished until after the first of the year.
A picture of this GDS is now required.

U

User1

View Badges
A picture of this GDS is now required.

Here she is has a puppy and again after my daughter got out of the car and she jumped in. So we left to go get some coffee. Well, I got the coffee and they gave her a cup of whip cream. Her name is Anna. I'm waiting for the breeder to try with her Sire and Dam again to get her a brother. Hopefully his name will be Bo.

Snapchat-7653231149555976332.jpg

20160731_114621.jpg

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost killed my clowns. I unplugged the heater to let it cool off while I worked in the fishroom. That tank gets too warm! The plan was to let it come down to 76 and then move them to the next QT. Stupid move. I got tired and decided to move them in the morning. Forgot I unplugged the heater. They are in their new QT. They seem fine, they even ate frozen brine shrimp.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here she is has a puppy and again after my daughter got out of the car and she jumped in. So we left to go get some coffee. Well, I got the coffee and they gave her a cup of whip cream. Her name is Anna. I'm waiting for the breeder to try with her Sire and Dam again to get her a brother. Hopefully his name will be Bo.

Snapchat-7653231149555976332.jpg

20160731_114621.jpg
She is gorgeous.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Victoria!!

I’m working my way through this thread, think it’s awesome, but I was hoping somewhere in here there is some detail on the cabinet build.

I know your husband built it, and used pre-made doors— this is the same route I’m planning to take. Is there any chance you have any details of the cabinet framing and how it attached to the walls? I’m assuming it’s mostly empty space behind the panels and they attach to a face-frame, since real cabinet boxes would impede access?

Thanks for any info!
These are the only photos that somehow made it through the computer disaster.

DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0215.JPG
DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0220.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0220.JPG
DSC_0220.JPG
DSC_0219.JPG

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got so much done today. I was migraine free and I had so much fun on my day off working on my fishroom and my aquarium. I built a 4” tall wall around my overflow to prevent salt creep from hitting the wall. I rerouted the light wires to be neater. I move the power head down in the tank more mid level and put it more on the rocks directly. I will have to monitor that. I placed the tunze back in the tank on the other side of the reef power, so now there is a power head on opposing sides of the tank. I zip tied and velcrowed the wires in the sump area to be neater and bundled. Changed out the filter sock. Yuck. Cleaned the skimmer cup. Yuck.
Glad you had a great day!

Sounds like you got a lot done.
[emoji846]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back