Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is fantastic.

The biggest regret of my system is it is in my home office. Now that it is maturing I think even my wife is regretting it didn't end up in a more public area of the house.
I do wish I had a comfy spot to just watch my tank up close. Is your tank where you can watch it from a comfy spot?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost one asure damselfish, and one clownfish. Both were very small. I think think the butterfly fish is the carrier, and I know I will never order captive bred and wild caught to QT together. Unless I am faulty in my thinking here, let me know what you folks think.

To recap how the QT process is going...sad...I did one day of prazipro and then added Seachems copper to the tank. I brought it up to full dosage today. The last poor little nemo looks pathetic and the Butterfly does not look much better. The hawk fish is elusive, hides alot, but from what I can see looks ok.
and an update. the last clown fish died. So sad, and mad.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wish I had a comfy spot to just watch my tank up close. Is your tank where you can watch it from a comfy spot?
It is. I do spend many hours every week next to it, but I tend to enjoy it alone.

I lost one asure damselfish, and one clownfish. Both were very small. I think think the butterfly fish is the carrier, and I know I will never order captive bred and wild caught to QT together. Unless I am faulty in my thinking here, let me know what you folks think.

To recap how the QT process is going...sad...I did one day of prazipro and then added Seachems copper to the tank. I brought it up to full dosage today. The last poor little nemo looks pathetic and the Butterfly does not look much better. The hawk fish is elusive, hides alot, but from what I can see looks ok.
and an update. the last clown fish died. So sad, and mad.
I'm sorry you are going through this. :(

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3491.JPG

Added a few new pieces of LR. I did not go with the TBS rock. I also did not go with the arch I was hoping to achieve. It was too many arches. LOL. But I am happy with what we have now. The lights were setting by the time I was done, but here is a picture of the finished layout.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The QT is down to 2 Azure Damselfish, and the Flame Hawk.;Shifty

I have been seeking advise from the fish treatment subforum because although I feel I am experienced in a solid QT process, and have some experience medicating fish, I really have not had all that many sick fish in the QT process. Thank you to all the good folks coaching me along over there!

Last edited:

iced98lx

Chris
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great having a community who is "on call" when things go sideways...

I have been seeking advise from the fish treatment subforum as although I feel I am experienced in a solid QT process, and have some experience medicated fish, I really have not had all that many sick fish in the QT process. Thank you to all the good folks coaching me along over there!

That's a killer, I'm sorry to hear that you're losing fish. I know it's absolutely no consolation but it's better to lose them in QT vs having an infected tank and your patience and frustration will hopefully pay off in a healthy community of fish....

Last edited:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3450.JPG
The flame hawk keeps checking me out through the front door and when I go to take his picture he swims away to peer at me from the back of the mushroom house he has claimed. OMG! It is so funny.
I put all the fish in in the QT. This time I made the QT obnoxious! Pink & purple! I love it!

It's like a "trolls movie" in there!

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been seeking advise from the fish treatment subforum as although I feel I am experienced in a solid QT process, and have some experience medicated fish, I really have not had all that many sick fish in the QT process. Thank you to all the good folks coaching me along over there!
It is a challenging situation. The success rate of even very experienced hobbyists in treating fish is dropping. The supply chain is completely disease riddled at this point. All we can do is our best. :(

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great having a community who is "on call" when things go sideways...

That's a killer, I'm sorry to hear that you're losing fish. I know it's absolutely no consolation but it's better to lose them in QT vs having an infected tank and your patience and frustration will hopefully pay off in a healthy community of fish....
you are absolutely right. Thank you.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a challenging situation. The success rate of even very experienced hobbyists in treating fish is dropping. The supply chain is completely disease riddled at this point. All we can do is our best. :(
So sad to hear this.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Brew12 here is my fishroom "comfy spot" lol
image.jpg
I love reef themed furniture!!!

I'm guessing that is DIY since I haven't seen anything similar in the Ikea catalog! ;):p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back