OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a weird blue sticky foam in my Brute saltwater mixing container. I woke at 4:30 this morning and has an epiphany. It has to be the foam prefilter on my Eheim 1262 pump melted from the bleach soak. So now what? Soak it in vinegar?
A huge thank you to @Randy Holmes-Farley for giving me advise on how to clean this up. Rubbing alcohol saved my container, my hose and my pump from having sticky yucky blue goo.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting L.Lo error message. It has never just worked for me. Grrr.
Well that is no good. I find them a pain to use, but my Hanna checker at least seems accurate.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't you a Tennessee girl?
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/october-narc-meeting.467471/

If you don't live to far from the southern border, you are more than welcome!
I just realised my location does not show. Thanks for the invite but I am in Ohio.
that reminds me of a funny Disney story. We went to Disney for our 20th anniversary. Every time I would answer the question "so where ya'll from?" People would say "O-H". I would say "yeah, Ohio". On the last day of our trip I realized I was supposed to say "I - O" because a huge group of OH State fans were all wearing cute homemade OH State mickey ears and were chanting O-H-I-O. DUH. total geek here.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realised my location does not show. Thanks for the invite but I am in Ohio.
that reminds me of a funny Disney story. We went to Disney for our 20th anniversary. Every time I would answer the question "so where ya'll from?" People would say "O-H". I would say "yeah, Ohio". On the last day of our trip I realized I was supposed to say "I - O" because a huge group of OH State fans were all wearing cute homemade OH State mickey ears and were chanting O-H-I-O. DUH. total geek here.
lol! I love it!
Not sure why I thought you lived in TN. Ah well... my pulled pork shoulder is good (imho) but not good enough to justify that drive!

U

User1

View Badges

Funny - well, sort of to me anyway but maybe more odd. I was catching up on your thread when I hit this particular post Ohio started to play on my Pandora station by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Freaky but I love the song and interesting timing. Then add to the fact that I just returned from a week of Disneyland :D

Maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets - this has to be a sign. Well, maybe not. I'll just grab a bottle of wine and watch Apocalypse Now later tonight after I catch up on various threads around here.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol! I love it!
Not sure why I thought you lived in TN. Ah well... my pulled pork shoulder is good (imho) but not good enough to justify that drive!
Sometimes my hillbilly peaks out. I write with a bit of an accent. I spent much of my childhood in Texas. My husbands family is from Kentucky. When I spend a second around a southerner I am all Y'alling and stuff.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny - well, sort of to me anyway but maybe more odd. I was catching up on your thread when I hit this particular post Ohio started to play on my Pandora station by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Freaky but I love the song and interesting timing. Then add to the fact that I just returned from a week of Disneyland :D

Maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets - this has to be a sign. Well, maybe not. I'll just grab a bottle of wine and watch Apocalypse Now later tonight after I catch up on various threads around here.
That is funny. maybe a lottery ticket is a good idea. I am sooo green about Disneyland. I spent 1 day there a few years ago, though. It was awesome.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just read through all of this thread for the first time.

A couple quick opinions I have....

1) Awesome thought and execution
2) Awesome family (both pets and peoples)
3) Great work so far

Just my .02$
wow, saintsreturn, that is pretty amazing to me that you read this whole story. Thank you for the kind words, and compliments.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back