OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am lucky enough to have 3 LFS near me. One just opened in a new location and I have to say I really enjoyed speaking to the owners, especially the wife. They are from Sri Lanka and the owners family has a long history of fish wholesale, and from what I gather when his father was alive he collected and sold fish. The owners only recently came into the fish store side of things and are, so far anyway, doing well in my book. They even live in my small suburb city. I bought my yellow eyed kole tang from them and he seems good so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow eyed kole tang has proven to be very elusive when it comes to pictures. He hides so much it is hard to monitor the little booger. But every day I put a piece of nori, 6"x3"and he eats the whole thing.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow eyed kole tang has proven to be very elusive when it comes to pictures. He hides so much it is hard to monitor the little booger. But every day I put a piece of nori, 6"x3"and he eats the whole thing.
Mine took a week or two before he was out swimming more.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3553.JPG
I received the snails I ordered from LA several days ago. The trochus were shipped first and have been in the invert QT for 4 days now. They were shipped at 1.020 maybe 1.019. It is hard to read. I acclimated them and brought the QT down a hair and over the last few days let it go up by evaporation.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG
Today I got the nassarious snails. There appears to be 2 different species. I hope none are predacious welks. The SG was 1.024. I acclimated them by pouring water in and dumping out. I did this a few times over about 20 minutes. The snails look great. Exploring the QT, surely looking for sand. Some are eating the pellets I dropped it. I am watching them to see if they go after any of the trochus. Some of the trochus have not really become active yet.
Zombie snails...My boys and I are fascinated by them.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes my hillbilly peaks out. I write with a bit of an accent. I spent much of my childhood in Texas. My husbands family is from Kentucky. When I spend a second around a southerner I am all Y'alling and stuff.

Usuns from Kentuuuckyyy have no accent . you'uns are the ones who talks funny .

I Tried the Bare bottom for a while. Just did not work out for me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usuns from Kentuuuckyyy have no accent . you'uns are the ones who talks funny .

I Tried the Bare bottom for a while. Just did not work out for me.
No, us from the Midwest have no accent. The people I live with in Alabama sound funny as all get out! Bless their hearts.

And I agree. Always more comfortable wearing pants. At least in public anyway.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, us from the Midwest have no accent. The people I live with in Alabama sound funny as all get out! Bless their hearts.

And I agree. Always more comfortable wearing pants. At least in public anyway.
Yea Alabamans do have deep accent but nothing Compared to Cajuns . Its there own hybrid Language Kinda Cute

I usually wear Shorts Sometimes Jeans to work But usually a skirt or dress on weekends and on days I just go out to do Estimates . My Wife does not like my Work Cloths.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back