[VIDEO] ▶ QUICK LOOK! Hanna MARINE MONITOR - MACNA Milwaukee 2022

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[VIDEO] QUICK LOOK! Hanna MARINE MONITOR, pH, Salinity, Temperature Checker - MACNA Milwaukee 2022
Join us at MACNA Milwaukee as we take a quick look at the Marine Monitor from Hanna Instruments. We'll share how easy it is to use this pH, Salinity, and Temperature checker and why it's a great, simple solution for monitoring your mixing station!

D1rty30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s coming out with monitoring now. Love it!

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad they didn't put a $5 wifi chip in it so people can get notifications if their tank is about to crash. I'd gladly throw away my useless Hydros "controller" in favor of this new Hanna monitor at this price point if that was the case.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to $250 dollars. Not sure the price point is going to help. For $50 dollars more you can get a better solution that is expandable, audio alarms, and WiFi compatible. Did I say expandable also?

PranK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to $250 dollars. Not sure the price point is going to help. For $50 dollars more you can get a better solution that is expandable, audio alarms, and WiFi compatible. Did I say expandable also?
What is this product you speak of? Its hard to get a lot of the latest gear in Australia. I'd prefer a wifi option here with trending graphs for sure but the seemingly over priced Reef Factory option is the only other one I can think of.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this product you speak of? Its hard to get a lot of the latest gear in Australia. I'd prefer a wifi option here with trending graphs for sure but the seemingly over priced Reef Factory option is the only other one I can think of.

I believe at the time I replied I was thinking of the Neptune A3 Jr. The base unit comes with 2 FMM ports, 2 Aquabus ports, 1 pH/ORP probe port, 1 temp port, it is WiFi, and is expandable. I believe that units price is 300 US dollars.

Looking at the Hana solution I did not see how it is going to provide any advantage say over a controller and thus the 50 buck more comment. It could be a great solution, and probably is. I'm just not sure I understand the price point is all. I'm sure I am missing something.

TL: DR - I'm not sure I understand the price point as it relates to monitor and growth/expansion.

PranK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @areefer01. I'd never even heard of the Neptune A3 Jr.

I've bought a 6-in-1 wifi monitor from eBay. Its fully wifi and shows trends with replaceable probes. Waiting for it to arrive. It comes in less than half the Hanna one and about 1/3rd the Reef Factory one at around $A160.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @areefer01. I'd never even heard of the Neptune A3 Jr.

I've bought a 6-in-1 wifi monitor from eBay. Its fully wifi and shows trends with replaceable probes. Waiting for it to arrive. It comes in less than half the Hanna one and about 1/3rd the Reef Factory one at around $A160.

You are welcome. Not here to push anything on anyone :) As I noted I was a bit confused by the price point. A lot of tools out there that hobbyist can choose from and sometimes the noise (number of products and advertising) can be a bit overwhelming. And I should also note that I do like Hana test kits. I keep their ALK, Nitrate, and Phosphate and use them.

Hope your day is going well and good luck with the kit!

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONLY pH, salinity, and temperature? Save your money and get something that can also test calcium, magnesium, alkalinity, nitrate and phosphate.

...and yes, I see where it says it's perfect for a mixing station; but as far as mixing goes the only thing you need be concerned with is salinity. In that case, save $220 and buy a refractometer.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back