Video of my 125 gallon mixed reef

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, oh, man, that is a tank to die for! You need to write out a few main aspects to your 'secret sauce'-- like water parameters, dosing and feeding!

OP
OP
luisgo

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First lets describe tank. 125 gallon, lights are three Aquaillumination Hydra 26HD, two Reefbrite blue strips. Glass Holes overflow, Sump with SWC Xtreme 200 protein skimmer with Bubble blaster pump, Carbon and RowaPhos reactor, sponge for mechanical filtration, Ecoplus calcium reactor, feed with Cole Parmer peristaltic pump, 2 Jebao power heads connected to a APC 1000 UPS (2 hrs backup), Arctica chiller 1/4hp, two Koralia power heads under the rock, Iwaki MD40-RT Japanese as main pump, magnetic topoff with Aqualifter and 5gl reservoir kalkwasser added, 45ml daily Vinegar carbon dosing with Cole Parmer peristaltic pump.
Parameters 8KH (Api), calcium 420 (Salifert), phosphate .05 (Hanna), Magnesium who knows..was always ok when tested, temp 80-82F, water changes Reef Crystals monthly 35 gallon.
Feeding: New Life pellets 1mm, Sea Veggies TLF 2 sheets daily, Brine Shrimp cube and flakes alternating all of that.
This tank started in 1990. Rock was collected in Puerto Rico where I live 29 years ago! Under water in my tank since then. Some corals are more than 10 years old fraged several times.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back