[VIDEO] SaltwaterAquarium.com Welcomes Hilary Jaffe - Marine Biologist & Aquarist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

[VIDEO] Welcome Hilary Jaffe - Marine Biologist & Aquarist - Waterlogged​

A lot of times I get asked how I got into marine science, and to be honest there never was one defining moment, it was more of a culmination of things throughout my childhood and young adult years.

Let me paint you a picture. Imagine a little girl maybe five or six, long brown hair. It's summer time, and despite the heat and humidity she is running down to this creek-bed that’s dry from the lack of rain. She stops for a moment at the edge to locate a rock and then hops in and cautiously goes over to the rock lifting it slowly. Sure enough there is a crawdad hiding underneath it. With a panic she takes off running back up the hill to the house to grab the garden hose and drags it as close to the creek as it will reach. She will not let these poor crayfish die even if, it means taking bucket at a time of water down to the creek.

Yup that little girl was me. The same girl who would go to the edge of the pond and feed the fish...by hand.

Read More...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back