[VIDEO] Xepta autoBalance & aBex: Automated Aquarium Water Testing & Dosing! | MACNA 2019

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score

By combining the Xepta Reef autoBalance and aBex, you can automatically test your aquarium for alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrate, and sodium. They are also compatible with the CoralVue HYDROS aquarium controllers!
#xepta #Hydros

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Interested to hear more about this. That price point is gnna be a key piece of info but the fact that it tests nitrates as well has me interested
Thank you very much for watching and for your interest in Xepta! We are eager to share pricing as well. As soon as we learn what that is, we'll update our website accordingly!

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a rough estimate on the price? This is interesting, but it doesn't test Alk. that I can see, unless I'm missing something. Also, it looks like it will only work with the manufacturer's dosing system as well, I'm not to keen on that either. As a side note, I see it tests sodium content, I've never heard of testing sodium in a reef aquarium, is that simply a way of saying it tests salinity? If so, I think it's very likely that Hydros will not have provisions for salinity testing as this is clearly meant to be a companion piece.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a rough estimate on the price? This is interesting, but it doesn't test Alk. that I can see, unless I'm missing something. Also, it looks like it will only work with the manufacturer's dosing system as well, I'm not to keen on that either. As a side note, I see it tests sodium content, I've never heard of testing sodium in a reef aquarium, is that simply a way of saying it tests salinity? If so, I think it's very likely that Hydros will not have provisions for salinity testing as this is clearly meant to be a companion piece.
The other module tests alkalinity- the autobalance. The aBex does the others.

(Yeah kind of odd)

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The other module tests alkalinity- the autobalance. The aBex does the others.

(Yeah kind of odd)
Could this be related to packaging? Or, could it be done such that maybe people only want to test one vs the others. Others being multiple tests, etc. Take the Mindstream and their inclusion of 7 to 10 tests or the Trident only doing the three that it does. Which are important? Which are a must?

Not saying that is the case here just wondering if the product separation was due to that. Then again I'm pretty ignorant on the products and just now watching the video.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Could this be related to packaging? Or, could it be done such that maybe people only want to test one vs the others. Others being multiple tests, etc. Take the Mindstream and their inclusion of 7 to 10 tests or the Trident only doing the three that it does. Which are important? Which are a must?

Not saying that is the case here just wondering if the product separation was due to that. Then again I'm pretty ignorant on the products and just now watching the video.
alkalinity cannot be tested using an ion specific probe. It is not an ion.
So it seems that they separated the two different techniques into two machines.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh, so the dosing pump tests alk? I guess that's one way to force people to buy both.
I think they want one machine to utilize the ion specific probe concept, and then the other does alkalinity via titration or something (I haven’t looked at it). Less confusion with what replacements are needed, etc.

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
I think they want one machine to utilize the ion specific probe concept, and then the other does alkalinity via titration or something (I haven’t looked at it). Less confusion with what replacements are needed, etc.
Upon further investigation, it seems you are correct. I hadn't bothered to look at the dosing machine. Darn, got me again Coralvue. Pending cost I'm very interested.

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Very cool! Excited to see this one hitting the market!

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
who cares about cost???? I just want to know when I'm going go be able to get my hands on one of these....... looks to me to be a better version Trident and MindStream in that you will be able to control dosing based on the measurements, a la Trident, and you will have no, or significantly reduced, need for reagents in the system (a la MindStream) given use of ionic probes.

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
who cares about cost???? I just want to know when I'm going go be able to get my hands on one of these....... looks to me to be a better version Trident and MindStream in that you will be able to control dosing based on the measurements, a la Trident, and you will have no, or significantly reduced, need for reagents in the system (a la MindStream) given use of ionic probes.
I do. At some point ( mindstream and Trident are well past it for me). The cost isn't worth it for the convenience. Hobbyists have been manually testing and dosing with great results for decades.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any new info on this? I'd be interested in testing it if you want reefer feedback
We are actually just now testing the latest version ourselves. However, if you would like us to add you to our beta tester wait list, you are welcome to email [email protected] and we'll get you on there!

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 219 69.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 22.2%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 5.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors