Vin's 600g softy and SPS tank

Kevin@Nemos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef to reef team,

It's Kevin at Nemo's and I wanted to start a new build thread chronicling the insane 600 gallon build focused with high flow bare bottom, giant soft coral and SPS.

I think I'm just going to do a giant media dump on the first post. It is probably the best way to keep it updated.

To start off we were very lucky to be able to build this tank from scratch. The home was getting built so we were able to come in and run/call out the plumbing, electrical and aquarium base.

The tank will be featured in the office with a one-sided view, but on the back side of the tank we're going to have the fish mechanical room. The idea was to be able to completely maintain the tank from the back side without having to disturb the office aside from cleaning the glass.

We also needed a saltwater mixing station located in the basement directly underneath the tank. Here we would house the RO unit, chiller and saltwater vats. Safety was the utmost priority with this. We need to make sure we had overflow and leak protection everywhere.

Build video over view

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning was always the best part of the build for me! good luck, I'm surprised to see chiller considering where you live.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back