ViperReef's 150g Build

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a 92 Gallon corner and have been having problems just because of the lack of space that a corner tank gives. So gonna be upgrading to a 150g Custom Tank and stand. If your interested in seeing the old tank and the status of the new tank I will be posting pictures here. But will also provide a link to my youtube channel so that you can see HD vids of the build as well. So here goes.

The tank
48"x24"x31" 150 Gallons
Sump 36"x18"x16" 40 Gallons
This will have a custom build 32" stand to allow for plenty of room

Equipment:
Lights: 2 Evo 150 Dimmable Led Lights
Flow 2 Vortech MP40w ES
Return Pump: GenX 70HP
Skimmer: Reef Octopus NWB250
Reactors: 3x Brs single Reactors. Bio Pellets/GFO/Carbon
UV sterilizer: This is on a timer turns on once a week for an hour. 40watt dont remember who makes it.

So yea here are some pictures of the tank. Got this tank with a leak for a wopping $100 bill Not a scratch on it even on the bottom. So far it has been cut and resealed youtube vid is uploading right now. So Ill post some pictures of the tank and will see what else gets built in the next few weeks.

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This should be great! Looking forward to it.

Beautiful CAR!

OP
OP
V

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand Is going together ran out of wood lol. Top frame rests on the 4x4 supports there will be no middle to this just 2 doors on the front and one on the side so I can change the filter sock easy. With 4 4x4's at 25" it should be able to support well over 2000lbs a leg. Might put a center support in the back but dont really think its needed. Its getting trimed out with 1/2 inch sanded hardwood Plywood as well so that should add some structure to it. I was up on top jumping last night and the thing did not move a bit so will see.

IMG_0754.jpg
IMG_0755.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just needs doors and some sanding and stain. Thinking of a black stain with high gloss boat varnish to match the black tank and lights.

IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg

OP
OP
V

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well did some more work on the stand this weekend added some corner trim and got the side door all finished out. Starting to look decent im really liking the look of it so far. Here are some more pictures for ya. Note the front doors will looking like the finished side door. Just ran out of gas tonite gonna finish them up tom. :neutral:

IMG_0768.jpg
IMG_0769.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg

OP
OP
V

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also just wanted to note tank holds water and has been holding water for 4 days forgot took a picture of that.

IMG_0763.jpg

OP
OP
V

ViperReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well got a few more pictures to post sorry if there are some dup's. Just ordered the glass for my sump gonna order the pipe and stuff this weekend the stand should be done this weekend then the tank will have to go on it. Gonna put a black background on it maybe this weekend if I can find a sign shop that has the stuff. But as you can see in the last post got my skimmer its sitting in the sump with vinegar water in it running. It is producing a ton of foam with just vinegar. Cant wait to see it going. My lights should ship this week so hopefully next weekend they will be in and I can get out my tig welder and tig together something for the lights. But so far so good Also got 2 mp40w ES in and there on my old tank right now. But its going together great. Enjoy the pictures

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along... Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back