Visiting Indianapolis

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the closest group to Indianapolis or not but I am going to be visiting this weekend for a wedding. I might have time to wander away and was curious if anyone might know of some LFS that I should hit up. I'll be in town Friday and leaving Monday.

Thanks in advance.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a native i'd say to visit premium aquatics and modern aquatix. Other than that i'd pry pass on everything else.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modern aquatix is in indy, PA use to be in indy and moved to edinburg. Its probably 40min south of Indy. Indy and suburbs are really spread out so that may be an extremely expensive uber!

OP
OP
B

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modern aquatix is in indy, PA use to be in indy and moved to edinburg. Its probably 40min south of Indy. Indy and suburbs are really spread out so that may be an extremely expensive uber!

Yeah. Thats what I was thinking. That's why I was hoping to find one in downtown but after a quick google search it looks like theres not a whole lot. If there are no fish stores in downtown, how about something else to do? I have some time to kill Friday when we get in before we have to check into our hotel.

OP
OP
B

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If google maps has this in the right spot it looks like it might only be like $30 round trip.

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef is on 56th and Keystone Ave. Its not a bad place but the only one we have near the central downtown area.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If google maps has this in the right spot it looks like it might only be like $30 round trip.

If your downtown then that is possible, but dont count on it. PA would be quite an uber drive, i'd rather hang out at the breweries and spend my money there vs an uber ; )

Lots of breweries downtown that are pretty good

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend a few?

Sure thing. I would for sure check out Sun King, Triton and Fountain Square. If you have time go over to Towyard and Flat 12. There are quite a few more like rock bottom and the ram which have been there forever and are good places to eat and drink. The first one's are mostly just beer. Enjoy

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back