View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna use this thread to document the growth of my Vivid Corals' Confetti acro
Here are day 1 pics of it
35869842843_6676a9c8d5_c.jpg

36509960692_bb776e20ca_c.jpg

I kind of just bought this to settle the controversy/ see how true to life the colony is. Most that have gotten it say that it has arrived colored down so I'm not going to judge this acro's color yet. Very clearly right now it could use some coloring up. Wish me luck!​

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where was this acquired from? Nice pics btw...what camera did you use?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see how anyone could expect it to look as good as it does in their tanks. Nothing looks great after fragging and shipping across the country to new water and new lights. Of course it'll arrive with less than stellar color

ikolbaba06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even know what the end result of this frag will be like but already it looks really nice to me! Following and good luck!

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw at as a complete colony at Vivid before it was released to the public and I must say that it was a thing of beauty. Kicking myself for not grabbing a frag at that time.

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see how anyone could expect it to look as good as it does in their tanks. Nothing looks great after fragging and shipping across the country to new water and new lights. Of course it'll arrive with less than stellar color

People fail to realize it takes 6+ months for an Acropora to really settle into a new tank.

These are some of the reasons why I purchased one.
I'd like to think that those people who choose to invest in a piece this pricey would also understand that shipping is harsh on corals. When I purchased it I didnt expect anything colored up, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the amount of color that it did arrive with. I put it in around 220 PAR as everyone has said that it is not a particularly high light coral. I cant wait to see this acro in 6 months.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but as someone that has over 100 different acros it's less common for a healthy frag from a healthy aquacultured colony to come completely out of whack to what it turns into. What is generally the case is that frags get cut from growth tips which tend to be different colors than what a full bodied acro displays. I'm talking about mature aquacultured frags too.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vivid-aquarium-confetti-acro.319644/page-3#post-3972006

I think my picture in that thread shows this point very well between the two frags. One is growth tips and shows the color you can see pictures of and one showed up brown. One we know for a fact has been in aquaculture for 14 months.

Many people are selling maricultured, hot when they come it, hurry take the picture, frags. Only time will tell when/how those will show. Those are a gamble.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please get a photo with a fresh, brand new white aragonite frag plug next to it? This one looks really nice and if it looks good next to a white frag plug, then everybody will stop with the photoshopped and greasy photo stuff that has plagued WD and many other acropora. If nobody ever does, then it will continue forever.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back