Status
Not open for further replies.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

I did finish my plumbing. It turned out not too bad, didnt expect plumbing would be so complicated like this.
20230123_225600.jpg
Looks great. Love the blue and gray. The blue pipes hide any blue glue mistakes right?

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to work out of town next week. I'm happy to announce that my EXT200 is passed water test with no leak, adjusting bean animal on EXT200 is totally frustrating... BUT its dead silence now so im happy.
Return pump L2 runs at 60%, UV 300gph.

Tomorrow will be equipments and aquascapes day!
20230125_212813.jpg

20230125_210514.jpg

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait for the aquascape! What kind of rocks do you want or plan to use? And any recommendations on UV?
I have marco dryrock cycle for the last 3 4 months.
I couldnt give you any recommendation on the UV, since i have only use Aqua Brand.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have marco dryrock cycle for the last 3 4 months.
I couldnt give you any recommendation on the UV, since i have only use Aqua Brand.
So you are cycling the dry rock in a tub/trash can? That is what I am planning. If so, are you going to attempt to glue the pieces together even though they are wet already? I was thinking of just stacking rock and forget about trying to glue them since they will be wet already after cycling.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are cycling the dry rock in a tub/trash can? That is what I am planning. If so, are you going to attempt to glue the pieces together even though they are wet already? I was thinking of just stacking rock and forget about trying to glue them since they will be wet already after cycling.
I superglued with drysand then using marco cement to bond the rocks BEFORE i started seeding rock on the tub.
So my only job now is transfer the rockscape from tub to tank. I belive on page 1, i have my aquascape layout.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you plumb your UV and return pump? The one pump connected to everything and then from the UV into the 2 returns? I can’t quite make it out in the pics. TUBES EVERYWHERE! :face-with-tears-of-joy: I’m trying to decide if I should do that or use one pump for one return, and another for the UV and to the other return for some redundancy on different circuits… I take it 300gph is to focus on fish health?

Very jealous. Looks stellar!

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you plumb your UV and return pump? The one pump connected to everything and then from the UV into the 2 returns? I can’t quite make it out in the pics. TUBES EVERYWHERE! :face-with-tears-of-joy: I’m trying to decide if I should do that or use one pump for one return, and another for the UV and to the other return for some redundancy on different circuits… I take it 300gph is to focus on fish health?

Very jealous. Looks stellar!
This is the diagram that i used. Yes, mainly for fish.
In the case i change my mind, i can close the gate valve to run 100% at whatever gph for UV.

Horizontal_Mounting_72x-100.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium reactor installed. Now, cycle is beginning. See you guys in few months for more update.

20230127_211623.jpg
Yk you don’t need to leave for a few months…..still have fun on here lol. Also may I ask why the tank is going to cycle for months?

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium reactor installed. Now, cycle is beginning. See you guys in few months for more update.

20230127_211623.jpg
absolutely amazing job. this is a work of art. great job.
what calcium reactor did you use? I use 2 part on my 90 gallon but I will likely use both a calcium reactor and 2 part for the 200 EXT.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yk you don’t need to leave for a few months…..still have fun on here lol. Also may I ask why the tank is going to cycle for months?
My company rotates me to work in Japan for 5 weeks.
Maybe i'm old school but i won't add any corals or fish until im getting coralines.

absolutely amazing job. this is a work of art. great job.
what calcium reactor did you use? I use 2 part on my 90 gallon but I will likely use both a calcium reactor and 2 part for the 200 EXT.
Geo 818.
There is no need for 2 part if you are doing CalRx. It's just waste of money for 2 part and harder to adjusting CalRx.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe i'm old school but i won't add any corals or fish until im getting coralines
Yea then that might take a while then. You can add some boosters as well if you get tired of letting time pass by.

Have a great trip!

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe i'm old school but i won't add any corals or fish until im getting coralines.

Geo 818.
There is no need for 2 part if you are doing CalRx. It's just waste of money for 2 part and harder to adjusting CalRx.

Oh come on. You have cycled rock and water. Add that single baby clown and give him that huge luxury condo all to himself. He won't notice there is no coralline.

Nice build! Also noticed you're from h-town. There's a local group called Marsh with some good folks, but you probably already knew that. Keep up the updates!

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh come on. You have cycled rock and water. Add that single baby clown and give him that huge luxury condo all to himself. He won't notice there is no coralline.

Nice build! Also noticed you're from h-town. There's a local group called Marsh with some good folks, but you probably already knew that. Keep up the updates!
The problem would be nobody there to feed the fish. So i rather just leave it alone

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed side black vinyl on 2 side panels, found this. "INNOVATION MARINE" logo upside down. Manufacturer circled the issue but instead of replaced, they were using black vinyl to covered their mistake.

@Innovative Marine you owe me a good explanation in this case.
20230205_161707.jpg
I don’t understand what the vinyl would cover up(besides the upside down logo) in the first place. It’s an EXT so they’re just limiting the view correct? And they thought this would be appropriate? Kinda crazy…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back